• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

My 9.4 Strange Tales 178 just ended at $440 :whee:

CLink pushed my 9.4 copy back a month because your copy was already in this auction. I am not hating it.

$2 throw in book at some convention last year. Comics are silly.

As a Whitman collector, this one is puzzling. Usually 61 goes for these types of prices, not 62. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOB-BISHOP-ESTATE-SUPER-GOOF-62-Whitman-1980-NM-SCARCE-3-pack-only-/301669141501?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463ce1cbfd

VG copy sold recently for 40.00

Hmmm, maybe time for me to dust off my under copies.

My 9.4 Strange Tales 178 just ended at $440 :whee:

Wow very nice. (thumbs u

I had a copy in my VCC booth for $70. No bites even at 20% off. Just sold it for $110 + shipping. :grin:

I had something similar happen with my WD 36 I sold it for 12 person didn't pay then 15 another person didn't pay and finally I sold it for 20 bucks :)

Anytime I see Magus ( which isn't often ) I think "DISCO"

We do now, but this was actually on the shelves in late-74, before disco really became mainstream and popular. A more appropriate term would be FUNK.

Not sure if Gary Glitter was "funk" but he was definitely funky... and pre-1974.

Gary Glitter was GLAM, which is neither here nor there in this discussion.

afrofunk.jpg

No He was a PUNK. I hope he rots

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31657929

I'm always surprised when I hear that song "Rock and Roll pt 2" by Gary Glitter at NFL games. The one that sounds like it's played on a kazoo.

As a Whitman collector, this one is puzzling. Usually 61 goes for these types of prices, not 62. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOB-BISHOP-ESTATE-SUPER-GOOF-62-Whitman-1980-NM-SCARCE-3-pack-only-/301669141501?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463ce1cbfd

VG copy sold recently for 40.00

Hmmm, maybe time for me to dust off my under copies.

Now thats a gem!

Looks like a nice copy too

jeez, i have a stack of 178s, but none of them are NM, or close to

you may want to check. are you sure you didn't sell them all last year? :baiting:

nope, not these! i have bought these starlin warlock (and captain marvel) books EVERY time I saw them cheap since i got back into collecting in 1993 (interestingly, i didn't see them cheap so much in the 80s) i knew they would eventually bounce back! (if only a few more of my other long term projects could please pay off, and if GOTG would please have a sequel (preferably one that has some of the original team members too) so my almost short box of marvel comics presents GOTG books might be worth something)

i have sold almost all of my 1st gamoras because $30 for some VG+ copy of a book I got out of a dollar box in 1997 seems like a nice price, but i wasn't thrilled with what the other stuff was worth on the open market (particularly in mid grade) so I held off on unloading them for the most part

and i am still holding back my marvel spotlight 32s, still have a bunch in reserve...

i know, it's all small potatoes and because they came out of cheap-o boxes very very very few are potential slabidates without a pressing (and even then probably not), but whatever

Does anyone know if Adam Warlock will FINALLY make it into the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Hasn't enough time passed to hold off the most interesting character that is heavily involved in the whole Infinity Gauntlet story line?

Do a Google news search for Magus. There's a shaky rumor about a casting call for Magus within the last couple of days.

A 9.8 copy of ST 178 sold for a cool grand several months ago on CLink. I promptly put my 9.8 with OW pages up as a buy it item on CLink for $600 (okay, just looked, July 2014) and it sold in a day or so.

Does anyone know if Adam Warlock will FINALLY make it into the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Hasn't enough time passed to hold off the most interesting character that is heavily involved in the whole Infinity Gauntlet story line?

Do a Google news search for Magus. There's a shaky rumor about a casting call for Magus within the last couple of days.

A 9.8 copy of ST 178 sold for a cool grand several months ago on CLink. I promptly put my 9.8 with OW pages up as a buy it item on CLink for $600 (okay, just looked, July 2014) and it sold in a day or so.

bah, i sold mine on CC last year for $425 after being unable to move it here for $350.

A Star Wars 42 (First comic Boba Fett) went for almost $700 in the comiclink auction. Are these slow trickling or is the demand that high? I know this is not an uncommon book...

With books like New Mutants #98 going for big money, it's not surprising that Star Wars #42 with fewer copies graded, 11 years older than NM #98, and the first comic Boba Fett and first comic Yoda should be giving Deadpool a run for his money... so to speak. lol

With the Star Wars books back at Marvel, the key issues from the original run are set to become even bigger keys.

First Boba Fett would be big.

First Yoda would be big.

Star Wars #42 is both... with Boba on the cover.

Super win. :headbang:

Deadpool who? :kidaround:

A Star Wars 42 (First comic Boba Fett) went for almost $700 in the comiclink auction. Are these slow trickling or is the demand that high? I know this is not an uncommon book...
:whee: