• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,819 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

8 hours ago,  Heronext said: 

but, Rama-Tut = Nat Richards right?

= Kang = Immortus = Scarlet Centurion = Iron Lad  :whatthe:

I find this whole thing hard to follow, but the Nathaniel Richards in those issues is or is not Reed's father? If I am reading everything correctly, his father is named Nathaniel Richards and so is Kang but they may not be the same person, despite recent past Nathaniel traveling to Kang's time?

7 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I find this whole thing hard to follow, but the Nathaniel Richards in those issues is or is not Reed's father? If I am reading everything correctly, his father is named Nathaniel Richards and so is Kang but they may not be the same person, despite recent past Nathaniel traveling to Kang's time?

OK, so Kang is not the 616 Reed's father, but just has the same name (Nathaniel Richards).  Wikipedia says Kang is a possible descendant of RR's father.

FF 272/273 would be the 1st app. of Reed's father Nathaniel.  Marvel Database says this is the 616 Reed's father, although my memory of the story was that it was a different future timeline Nathaniel.  Maybe that NR is the 616 NR, having travelled from the 616 "present" to that future timeline.  Nevertheless it seems to be the first Reed's father from any universe/timeline, which has significance.

5 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
7 hours ago, comixry said:

LOL...What other solo Cap story needs tp be told? 

I am sure there are still plenty, but if not Disney will just hire writers and make one..

I went back and read Cap 157 this afternoon . . . dang, it was good - Cap gets "killed" in a building collapse, Sam Wilson gets in a tiff with Leila Fox, the Falcon confronts Morgan the underworld boss, hears about Cap dying, runs into the Viper, gets poisoned by some of the Vipe's venom, Cap shows up (alive) and while getting the antidote from Viper gets shot with the venom, leaving them both on a rooftop with only two minutes to live. :whatthe:   

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

You're aware Captain America 4 is already in development, correct?

Just saying the time I have left on this rock may not be enough to see all the other A-list Marvel characters in the MCU. The first Iron Man came out 13 years ago and we got a lot of movies since then but Marvel/Disney has yet to scratch beyond the surface of their arsenal of stories and characters. I'm impatient I guess. As a kid, waiting a month for the next issue to come out on the spinner rack was bearable, but knowing now what the MCU can be and the time it will take to tell all those stories is mind-boggling. Characters on paper never age or die (well, sometimes) but actors on the other hand...

27 minutes ago, comixry said:

Just saying the time I have left on this rock may not be enough to see all the other A-list Marvel characters in the MCU. The first Iron Man came out 13 years ago and we got a lot of movies since then but Marvel/Disney has yet to scratch beyond the surface of their arsenal of stories and characters. I'm impatient I guess. As a kid, waiting a month for the next issue to come out on the spinner rack was bearable, but knowing now what the MCU can be and the time it will take to tell all those stories is mind-boggling. Characters on paper never age or die (well, sometimes) but actors on the other hand...

My wife and I were just talking tonight about the MCU.  We-thinks the next phase will underwhelm.  (Hoping F4, can inject something into it). 

On 7/2/2021 at 11:07 AM, Heronext said:

OK, so Kang is not the 616 Reed's father, but just has the same name (Nathaniel Richards).  Wikipedia says Kang is a possible descendant of RR's father.

FF 272/273 would be the 1st app. of Reed's father Nathaniel.  Marvel Database says this is the 616 Reed's father, although my memory of the story was that it was a different future timeline Nathaniel.  Maybe that NR is the 616 NR, having travelled from the 616 "present" to that future timeline.  Nevertheless it seems to be the first Reed's father from any universe/timeline, which has significance.

okay, I'm confused.  

9 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

My wife and I were just talking tonight about the MCU.  We-thinks the next phase will underwhelm.  (Hoping F4, can inject something into it). 

I've had the same feeling myself. Iron Man 1 through Endgame is gonna be really hard to live up to.But I can always hope I'm wrong.

9 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

The next phase obviously has to step things back a bit after Endgame. If you keep on upping the stakes of the action then that doesn't leave a ton of room for character development.