• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Some recent CA sales to report:  :bigsmile:

•  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  

27 minutes ago, divad said:

Some recent CA sales to report:  :bigsmile:

•  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  

Are those really raw 9.8s tho?

13 minutes ago, littledoom said:

the ploybagged ones?

but the point is more do people buy them and not return, which apparently they do from divad (shrug)

29 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I think if you take the time and look at the large scans that I provide in the full descriptions (as opposed to looking at ebay's reduced scans on your phone) using a large Apple monitor, you will see that the books are accurately graded, certainly within .2 of anyone who knows how to grade. And, because of the size and quality of the scans, there are never any surprises. Please don't make me add testimonials here by the completely satisfied buyers. :bigsmile:

19 minutes ago, divad said:

Personally, I think this is the only book that is over-graded in the bunch:  :bigsmile:

I am torn. I want to leave both a laugh and sad emoji for this, but the fact remains that the third party thought it deserved a 9.6. Really what are you going to do lost it as a 9.4-9.2 and have people either think the photo is an error? 

I too have a tendency to be stricter on my opinion than a lot of assigned grades as well. 

Anyway congratulations on realizing good prices on your sales. 

On 3/11/2021 at 6:26 PM, PeterPark said:

I wasn't familiar with Sentai 2 myself but that book is crazy in its own right!

I bought this a few years ago for $33 off ebay and got it graded. A 9.6 just sold for under $6,500 this month. Something tells me i'm sitting on 5 grand if i can find a buyer. Best $33 i ever spent ^^  I'm actually debating if i should have it sent back and pressed in hopes for an even higher grade. I don't know if it's worth it? 

power.jpg

power1.jpg

Edited by McCaw1980

8 hours ago, McCaw1980 said:

I bought this a few years ago for $33 off ebay and got it graded. A 9.6 just sold for under $6,500 this month. Something tells me i'm sitting on 5 grand if i can find a buyer. Best $33 i ever spent ^^  I'm actually debating if i should have it sent back and pressed in hopes for an even higher grade. I don't know if it's worth it? 

power.jpg

power1.jpg

What do the notes say about the book?  Even so I would try and hope to match the 9.6 and who know you 

might be able to get 8k-10k out of sooner or later :)

Edited by Alawson453

27 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:
5 hours ago, littledoom said:

X-23 Test tube?

Exactly. There was absolutely no reason for this book to go above a buck

Unless you "need" it in your collection . . . :whistle:

22 hours ago, divad said:

I think if you take the time and look at the large scans that I provide in the full descriptions (as opposed to looking at ebay's reduced scans on your phone) using a large Apple monitor, you will see that the books are accurately graded, certainly within .2 of anyone who knows how to grade. And, because of the size and quality of the scans, there are never any surprises. Please don't make me add testimonials here by the completely satisfied buyers. :bigsmile:

Here’s a closeup of the X-Men #210.

it’s a 9.6. :banana:

823AFAB0-6607-4C2D-BCB8-C00414629FDB.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

I did need it, and I over paid

Overall, I agree. 

But it's been desired for quite some time and is a pretty crazy coincidence.  

Definitely one to grab for cheap and sell when it bounces up again. 

Patrick 

12 hours ago, McCaw1980 said:

power.jpg

power1.jpg

https://archive.org/details/Sentai_02_April_1994-Antarctic_c2c_Comixbear-DCP/page/n33/mode/2up

I personally do not like this book as a "key" pick. There are 0 comic appearances, despite the cover. The price is not justified imo. I'm glad people are making money and all but this is a glorified fanzine. There is not a single comic illustration inside. 

14 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

https://archive.org/details/Sentai_02_April_1994-Antarctic_c2c_Comixbear-DCP/page/n33/mode/2up

I personally do not like this book as a "key" pick. There are 0 comic appearances, despite the cover. The price is not justified imo. I'm glad people are making money and all but this is a glorified fanzine. There is not a single comic illustration inside. 

Zetraman 1 is what your looking for if you want illustrations 

11 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Zetraman 1 is what your looking for if you want illustrations 

Those aren't "the mighty morphin power rangers" though. I just think all of the hype regarding the book above is the market's worst direction. If anyone would simply read it for themselves at the link I provided, they would see it's complete deception. 

Edited by maidenmate91

13 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Those aren't "the mighty morphin power rangers" though. I just think all of the hype regarding the book above is the market's worst direction. If anyone would simply read it for themselves at the link I provided, they would see it's complete deception. 

while that's true does it really matter? Wolverine in Foom 2 is the furthest thing from Wolverine.. the Zetraman predate MMPR in all media by two years and they clearly are the American created power rangers before the MMPRs

Edited by littledoom