• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, the blob said:

$3100? You think a show makes it $5000? $10000? I understand Special edition 15 seems to make anything plausible 

There is only 60 CGC 9.8s on census so I'd think $3,000 - $4,000 be a reasonable mark considering what a She-Hulk 1 CGC 9.8 or Invincible 1 CGC 9.8 are going for now.  

12 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I’m not even a huge Byrne guy, but as a reader who started around 85/86, there’s no question that Byrne, Miller and Perez ruled the roost. Then Art Adams showed up and blew the roof off the dump. McFarlane, Silvestri, and then Lee and Liefeld and co, followed in the collective wake of those four dudes.

Silvestri doesn't get enough recognition.  That late 80's boom of artists cost me a lot of my weekly allowance.

***Allowance being money I could scrape from paper routes and mowing lawns lol

29 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Silvestri doesn't get enough recognition.  That late 80's boom of artists cost me a lot of my weekly allowance.

I really enjoyed his work on the Revenge of the Living Monolith graphic novel, and I remember he had a short stint on Web of Spider-Man before taking on the X-Men stuff.
I think he might have drawn some King Conans as well.

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Agree completely. Most folks always point to Jim Lee as the copper/modern X-Men artist, but Silvestri set the table for him, for sure. Hugely influential artist.

58 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Agree completely. Most folks always point to Jim Lee as the copper/modern X-Men artist, but Silvestri set the table for him, for sure. Hugely influential artist.

I started reading Uncanny X-men in the early 200s, so Silvestri was the first artist that I associated with the book. I enjoyed his work, but he wasn't a huge star amongst fans then. It's probably only once he co-founded Image that people started considering him an important influence (especially towards the late '90s, when Top Cow was the big star of the Image studios).

3 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

I really enjoyed his work on the Revenge of the Living Monolith graphic novel, and I remember he had a short stint on Web of Spider-Man before taking on the X-Men stuff.
I think he might have drawn some King Conans as well.

He illustrated Eddie Brock's arm in WSM 18

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I started reading Uncanny X-men in the early 200s, so Silvestri was the first artist that I associated with the book. I enjoyed his work, but he wasn't a huge star amongst fans then. It's probably only once he co-founded Image that people started considering him an important influence (especially towards the late '90s, when Top Cow was the big star of the Image studios).

... plus, he just kept getting better. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

21 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Not a huge star at that point, sure, but I’d say that he was definitely a harbinger of what would soon be the house style at Marvel, then Image, then everywhere. That’s why I’d say at that point in his career he was more “influential” than mega-star.

10 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I know it's retcon, but wouldn't that be Venom's arm since it didn't set off his spidey-sense? I always assumed that was because the symbiote was in the friend zone.

It's not retcon, just ongoing story. Yes, it was always Venom.

On 5/26/2021 at 11:57 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Sandman #8 may see another bump soon. The casting of Death was announced today.

Sandman #8 Berger Editorial Variant could jump by 1000% and it still might not bring many to the market.  Less than 85 copies CGC graded, just four sales recorded on GPA in the past 18 months, and zero sales in the last 9 months... in any CGC grade.

That book could be $20,000+ and there might still be fewer than 10 sales a year.

Edited by valiantman

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

Sandman #8 Berger Editorial Variant could jump by 1000% and it still might not bring many to the market.  Less than 85 copies CGC graded, just four sales recorded on GPA in the past 18 months, and zero sales in the last 9 months... in any CGC grade.

That book could be $20,000+ and there might still be fewer than 10 sales a year.

:shy:

On 5/26/2021 at 2:02 PM, F For Fake said:

I am going to disagree. I dont think Silvestri got good until he left for Cyberforce. His X-men art was maybe a little better then average. 

Now his second run on X-men was fantastic. 

Sandman 13.. First Lady Constantine heating up. Basically every issue of Sandman 1-25. I imagine this is the time to buy before these all become bargain prices months from now like Invincible w the early issues

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

Sandman 13.. First Lady Constantine heating up. Basically every issue of Sandman 1-25. I imagine this is the time to buy before these all become bargain prices months from now like Invincible w the early issues

Shhhhhhhh…..!  (:

On 5/29/2021 at 1:04 PM, fastballspecial said:

I am going to disagree. I dont think Silvestri got good until he left for Cyberforce. His X-men art was maybe a little better then average. 

Now his second run on X-men was fantastic. 

I can respect that, but must disagree in turn. To me, Silvestri was fresh and new on his first X-Men run, and prepared the way a more radical, “modern” style on the title.

By the time Image and Cyberforce came around, it all looked the same to me. Silvestri, Lee, Liefeld, McFarlane, and all of their acolytes, were just a big homogenous blob of 90’s sameness. As for his second X-Men run, that must have been after I dropped X-Men, I have no recollection of it.

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

Glad I held onto all 75 issues and all high grade.  One of my favorite books by one of my favorite writers.   Glad to see it is finally getting more attention even if it took a Netflix deal to spur it along