• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2021 at 2:59 AM, fett said:

Iron Man was bi-monthly briefly somewhere in 1971,1972 if I remember right. 

Daredevil went bimonthy around issue 110 or so but the writer pleaded with everyone to buy an extra copy and it was saved.

Edit- In 107 it was announced it would go bi-monthly and the writer made the plea.  Issue 108 came out 60 days later and they had dropped the Black Widow  from the title after about two years. Four weeks later, 109 came out and it went back to being monthly. 

Edited by shadroch

On 8/5/2021 at 2:44 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

But the goalpost has been moved back, and I don't think its lining back up, ever.  Last nights Clink:

MTU 141 = 700

SW 8 = 600 and 700

Marvel Age 90 = 659

IH 340 = 1500

GI Joe 21 3400

DD 181 = 375

Captain America 241 = 850

All these books are 9.8s and direct editions.

Madness. 

$10/copy for Batman 436 seems like a lot when individual copies aren't always selling fore that much. And also, you're going entirely off of the seller's description of "high grade"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124844134679?hash=item1d114a5117%3Ag%3ACTAAAOSw1TZhD--7&nma=true&si=XhtywP511zpHnRnKeOw71PFn4Yo%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On 8/16/2021 at 8:52 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-man 85 on the rumor that the Spot (first appearance in this issue) may be in Into the Spider-verse 2. 

img835.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, 99, with the cover appearance, was getting some heat when this first started heating up as well.

On 8/16/2021 at 8:52 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-man 85 on the rumor that the Spot (first appearance in this issue) may be in Into the Spider-verse 2. 

img835.jpg

A lame-o villain and truly bad Milgrom artwork  doh!

On 8/18/2021 at 10:56 AM, jcjames said:

Why are Kingpin's fingertips concave? Is he severely dehydrated? 

That dude has to have a laundry list of health problems.  Dehydration (brought on by kidney misfunction due to his Type II Diabetes) is the least of his worries.

Ebay auction sales of dkr#1 cgc 9.8

June / 2 copies / $1600

July / 1 copy / $1275

August /1 copy / $2024

First, I think all values are underrated for a book this key that averages less than 2 copies a month in ebay auction.

Second, I'd like to ask.. is the market picking up again, or was this August $2024 result an outlier?

On 8/23/2021 at 8:44 AM, jick said:

Ebay auction sales of dkr#1 cgc 9.8

June / 2 copies / $1600

July / 1 copy / $1275

August /1 copy / $2024

First, I think all values are underrated for a book this key that averages less than 2 copies a month in ebay auction.

Second, I'd like to ask.. is the market picking up again, or was this August $2024 result an outlier?

I think a lot of it is just luck, get the right buyer or buyers at the wrong time or the right time.  Because so few copies are available for sale, you probably need to look at a long period of time to get the better sample size.  Does GPA tell you anything different or have more data points?

On 8/23/2021 at 11:53 PM, revat said:

I think a lot of it is just luck, get the right buyer or buyers at the wrong time or the right time.  Because so few copies are available for sale, you probably need to look at a long period of time to get the better sample size.  Does GPA tell you anything different or have more data points?

I don't have GPA..

Looking for an opinion. I'm wanting to pick up an asm 252. I tried once before and got a bum deal(had to return it) and never got around to picking up again. I see the price has gone up a couple of hundred since then. Should I get one now or give it some time? I figure when the black suit gets mentioned/introduced in the MCU, it's gonna go up even more and don't want to have to pay a fortune

Edited by godparticl

On 8/25/2021 at 4:59 PM, godparticl said:

Looking for an opinion. I'm wanting to pick up an asm 252. I tried once before and got a bum deal(had to return it) and never got around to picking up again. I see the price has gone up a couple of hundred since then. Should I get one now or give it some time? I figure when the black suit gets mentioned/introduced in the MCU, it's gonna go up even more and don't want to have to pay a fortune

You are already paying a fortune, compared to 18 months ago.  Do you want to pay less of a fortune or more of a fortune?