• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, littledoom said:

while that's true does it really matter? Wolverine in Foom 2 is the furthest thing from Wolverine.. the Zetraman predate MMPR in all media by two years and they clearly are the American created power rangers before the MMPRs

The Name was still the same. Also it's not the same writers who created the concept of the mmpr based off the original sentai footage used. It DOES make a difference to myself, I can't speak for others, but personally yes it does. I am an actual fan of mmpr, that is my Buck Rogers for my generation.

Zetraman would be cool to check out since it resembles sentai inspired materials, but it is not the mmpr. Jason, Tommy, Trini, Kimberly, and Billy. If it doesn't contain them or their zyuranger incarnations suits at least, it's not them.  

3 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

The Name was still the same

that's kinda like the X-23 test tube situation... the Zetramans possible inspiration for the MMPR is so obvious.. the Japanese were doing their own versions years before.. kinda like the Spider-Man costume in a NY catalog that was streets away from Marvel's offices.. they'll never give a word on that but Stan Lee has been asked about it

5 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

https://archive.org/details/Sentai_02_April_1994-Antarctic_c2c_Comixbear-DCP/page/n33/mode/2up

I personally do not like this book as a "key" pick. There are 0 comic appearances, despite the cover. The price is not justified imo. I'm glad people are making money and all but this is a glorified fanzine. There is not a single comic illustration inside. 

I understand where you are coming from. I'm not opposed to everything you have said so far at all. I bought the book without knowing anything at all about it. Just stumbled upon being lucky with it. I was shocked at the price. 

On 6/2/2021 at 12:51 PM, littledoom said:

Captain America 272 1st Vermin is one to look for. Could be used in Kraven movie if Last Hunt story is used. 

I wouldn't think Sony would own that character considering he didn't originate in Spider-Man comics

7 hours ago, littledoom said:

that's kinda like the X-23 test tube situation... the Zetramans possible inspiration for the MMPR is so obvious.. the Japanese were doing their own versions years before.. kinda like the Spider-Man costume in a NY catalog that was streets away from Marvel's offices.. they'll never give a word on that but Stan Lee has been asked about it

Margaret Loesch was the largest creator of the mmpr. She and Stan Lee came up with the concept or prototype of an American sentai style show in the 1970s. A pilot was created and failed to impress marvel. That is until Saban said he would take the series on in the early 90s, the rest is history. 

https://www.inverse.com/article/50806-stan-lee-and-marvel-almost-produced-power-rangers-toei-super-sentai

Edited by maidenmate91

45 minutes ago, littledoom said:

MSH Secret Wars 3 on fire again after more rumor leaks of Titania being cast in SH show

Cool, I've got like 8 of them.  I wonder if I can get them graded before the series drops.  

On 6/8/2021 at 2:25 AM, Heronext said:

I wouldn't think Sony would own that character considering he didn't originate in Spider-Man comics

No idea but all Sony has to say is do you really want to lose Spiderman from the MCU and your share from the spiderman movies over Vermin?

9 hours ago, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

No idea but all Sony has to say is do you really want to lose Spiderman from the MCU and your share from the spiderman movies over Vermin?

Yes, I'm sure that's all they have to do, and Disney will roll over. It's not like they have an army of lawyers that vigorously protect all of their IPs.

12 hours ago, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

They're going to threaten Marvel with charging their mind about future cooperation? What is their deal right now anyway? Is it ongoing? Does Marvel even need Spidey in any movies in the foreseeable future?

How about looking at it from the other side? Is Sony going to trade part of their rights to Spidey in film, even temporarily... for Vermin?

3 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

They're going to threaten Marvel with charging their mind about future cooperation? What is their deal right now anyway? Is it ongoing? Does Marvel even need Spidey in any movies in the foreseeable future?

How about looking at it from the other side? Is Sony going to trade part of their rights to Spidey in film, even temporarily... for Vermin?

I doubt Sony even has interest in Vermin. If they did and Marvel had no plans with that character I am sure they could work something out. This partnership has been mutually beneficial. Both parties have leverage. Both seem to want it to continue.

Marvel didn't seem to need Spidey at all to begin with. They simply found an advantageous opportunity.