• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,843 posts in this topic

Ok, it's not a comic and it's not hot right now (I don't think) but I did just want to put this out there...in case a few of you didn't know. Wizard on occasion included a free comic with their magazine. Some were kept, some were thrown out but if anybody kept the Marvel Knights issue which introduces that particular line of comics, it has a 2 page spread of the new Black Widow which I do believe pre-dates Inhumans #5. That would make it...her 1st appearance. So, what do you guys think...is thing gonna' go sky high?

On 7/23/2021 at 10:17 PM, ninanina said:

Ok, it's not a comic and it's not hot right now (I don't think) but I did just want to put this out there...in case a few of you didn't know. Wizard on occasion included a free comic with their magazine. Some were kept, some were thrown out but if anybody kept the Marvel Knights issue which introduces that particular line of comics, it has a 2 page spread of the new Black Widow which I do believe pre-dates Inhumans #5. That would make it...her 1st appearance. So, what do you guys think...is thing gonna' go sky high?

That's good to know, and it may be a niche. Someone most likely will collect it, or they do others.

As fa as sky high, some may feel any price will be sky high, while others will pay if knowledge spreads and it gets noted as such among those they get info from.

All that may sound vague, but it's the logical progression. Some will care, others will be offput, but itll be a niche.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:17 PM, ninanina said:

To be clear, it's the Marvel Knights Wave 2 insert. They did one for the first wave of titles (Daredevil, Punisher, Black Panther, etc.), and then another one that included the Black Widow content.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Knights-Wave-Sketchbook-comic/dp/B076624YG7

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

On 7/24/2021 at 2:56 PM, maidenmate91 said:

Conan #241 is really starting to move now. I saw Cbsi featured it. Perhaps that's why copies are moving above $50 a pop easy at the moment. Really cool cover to boot, a Mcfarlane hidden gem for sure. 

hmm nice! Could pop more

On 7/24/2021 at 5:56 PM, maidenmate91 said:

Conan #241 is really starting to move now. I saw Cbsi featured it. Perhaps that's why copies are moving above $50 a pop easy at the moment. Really cool cover to boot, a Mcfarlane hidden gem for sure. 

Thx - just looked it up on eBay to see the cover image and I noticed 242 (Jim Lee cover) is also getting some love, but is a step behind 241 as results are more mixed. 

On 7/24/2021 at 8:56 PM, Readcomix said:

Thx - just looked it up on eBay to see the cover image and I noticed 242 (Jim Lee cover) is also getting some love, but is a step behind 241 as results are more mixed. 

I know the guy who hired the big 3 cover artists of Todd, Jim, and Portacio to promote Conan’s big resurgence. In retrospect hiring Liefeld to do a cover would have been a great move for sales he admits 

I'm surprised stuff like the Crow #1 and Caliber Presents #1 haven't picked up much steam. I guess no movie in the works, although I thought I recalled something may be in development some years ago, but maybe not. Either way, those seem like solid copper candidates to go on the rise at some point.

On 8/3/2021 at 1:30 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I'm surprised stuff like the Crow #1 and Caliber Presents #1 haven't picked up much steam. I guess no movie in the works, although I thought I recalled something may be in development some years ago, but maybe not. Either way, those seem like solid copper candidates to go on the rise at some point.

They've actually kept pace with the market, doubling over the last year and tripling over the last two. 

On 8/3/2021 at 12:19 PM, SuperBird said:

They've actually kept pace with the market, doubling over the last year and tripling over the last two. 

Really, ok because I guess I've only been following the last 2-3 months. So makes sense I've missed those gains. Well, they definitely haven't gone crazy like everything else. Although the last few 9.8 Crow #1 sales have hovered around $9K. That seems pretty impressive.

On 8/3/2021 at 4:26 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Really, ok because I guess I've only been following the last 2-3 months. So makes sense I've missed those gains. Well, they definitely haven't gone crazy like everything else. Although the last few 9.8 Crow #1 sales have hovered around $9K. That seems pretty impressive.

Seems like the huge run up stopped a few months ago on most things.