• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Anyone have thoughts on why the original Harbinger series #1 has been selling like crazy on eBay?  Sept 3rd there were more than 10 sales of 9.8 copies with prices from $800-1400.  It's been a pretty dormant book the last few months prior to this. 

On 9/4/2021 at 8:35 AM, mcduckz said:

Anyone have thoughts on why the original Harbinger series #1 has been selling like crazy on eBay?  Sept 3rd there were more than 10 sales of 9.8 copies with prices from $800-1400.  It's been a pretty dormant book the last few months prior to this. 

Guessing that someone knows something about movie plans moving forward.

On 9/1/2021 at 1:53 AM, PeterPark said:
On 8/31/2021 at 9:32 PM, divad said:

There are several Dave Stephens back covers that I display (in Mylar) backwards - this is one of them.:banana:

That madman issue, maybe #4?, is a good one. Under no circumstances should that book have the front cover showing.

Airboy #8 too. :bigsmile:

On 9/4/2021 at 9:56 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
On 9/4/2021 at 7:35 AM, mcduckz said:

Guessing that someone knows something about movie plans moving forward.

Very strange, looks like CGC 9.8 Shadowman #8 also got bought up on the same day about the same time.

On 9/7/2021 at 11:47 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Maybe there's a Shadowman movie moving forward as well. Darque would be the natural choice for the big bad.

Darque is essentially the anti-Dr.Strange.  Seems like the latest What If? episode has shown the potential for an anti-Dr.Strange, but I don't know if that translates to interest in Valiant.  hm

Harbinger does have a new series coming out, but that's been true several times since 2012 and we've never seen anyone drop $13,000+ on a dozen CGC 9.8 Harbinger #1 on the same day before.

That's a lot of money unless someone is just cashing out some crypto or something. 

If they only had a couple hundred dollars in crypto, turned it into $13,000+, and switched it over to a dozen CGC 9.8 Harbinger #1, that would be a good trick. :grin:

G.A.tor said that he knows of some serious buyers in the market for six-figure books who are moving their money out of crypto and into their favorites (Amazing Fantasy #15).

On 9/7/2021 at 12:47 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Maybe there's a Shadowman movie moving forward as well. Darque would be the natural choice for the big bad.

It would be.  There are quite a few good properties in the Valiant that could be hits provided they are done well.  Maybe everything was just put into limbo to give people to disassociate the horrible Bloodshot movie from the rest of the universe?  Though, I try to keep tabs on any tv/movie related news for Valiant and haven't seen anything convincing recently that would justify the buying spree.  

I was thinking about a Turok movie the other day as well and thought well maybe, it might be kind of tricky to do. Are the masses ready for dinosaurs that can be killed with an arrow and  also dinosaurs existing with the various different tribes Turok encounters. Now, they got away with it in 1,000,000 years BC 45 odd years ago, but it was a simpler time and well, there was Raquel Welch in that prehistoric Baywatch uniform. 

On 9/8/2021 at 7:42 PM, ninanina said:

I was thinking about a Turok movie the other day as well and thought well maybe, it might be kind of tricky to do. Are the masses ready for dinosaurs that can be killed with an arrow and  also dinosaurs existing with the various different tribes Turok encounters. Now, they got away with it in 1,000,000 years BC 45 odd years ago, but it was a simpler time and well, there was Raquel Welch in that prehistoric Baywatch uniform. 

Turok, Creature from the black lagoon, Beach Boys, Led Zep... movies that need to be made/remade

On 9/9/2021 at 12:24 PM, Warlord said:

Y the Last Man #1 is getting more interest lately.  Also appears to be a modest uptick in all issues, but that's just moving them from dollar bin fodder to maybe $3-$10.  They might continue to pick up with the series premiering yet this month. 

Not that it has anything to do with the new streaming series, but the one that hasn't broken out that surprises me is #37, first DMZ.  It's been hotter in the past than of late.

Moderns heating up thread would appreciate this information

Admittedly, if I do have a hot comic to report, I often have to look up the years to try and figure out if it's modern, copper or covid. Even after I look it up, I still get it wrong. It's embarrassing because we're all supposed to know better.:blush: