• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

A couple of years ago it hit the top of a lot of guide lists etc.

Granted most of it was 1st app

I had ran into later issues for cheap, yet not picked them up so if it's more than just the 1st app, I'm a little woulda coulda shoulda about that too :tink:

On 9/14/2021 at 9:39 PM, followtheleader said:

Thanks for the heads up. 

Bought 1 thru 3 (1983) some time ago and not one I care for as much. 

Patrick

On 9/14/2021 at 10:22 PM, iggy said:

Fire, I say!

DCB9D14D-A42B-4169-B97E-E513F93505FE.jpeg

That's just lazy. There are a ton of copies for less than that. 

Edited by SuperBird

On 9/15/2021 at 9:52 AM, Dr. Dank said:

I dont have 2k for a book now. By the time I do, where do you think this book is going to be

Ther's a copy on eBay for $1k. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144202397318?hash=item219321f686:g:v44AAOSwjNhhQeEt

I assume prices will double by the time the first trailer drops, based on other comics > series?

Edited by SuperBird

Such a great title, and highly visual from the get-go, ready-made for adaptation. Glad it's finally incoming..

I read "Devil By The Deed" first (still have my original pink & blue printings), picked up Grendel #1 (Spar) on the new rack, and haven't missed an issue since.

I remember getting some of the early issues at 7-11, and also Walden Books. These comics had wide distribution for an independent line, certainly.

That 40 issue run of the Comico series is still ahead of its time (it's really 50, if you count "Grendel: War Child" 1-10 from Dark Horse, as it springs out of the Comico series). It's laden with characters, already well-designed and given great dialogue that could be breakouts if cast well: Eppy Thatcher, Orion, Grendel-Prime, it goes on and on. As for Hunter Rose, there is a lot of source material for him, thanks to the many "Black, White, & Red" comics, seasons worth of single episode adventures there, the later mini-series (including some with Batman, who could be subbed out if needed to still use the story), and of course, the original story that started it all.

I did go back and get Primer 2 some time ago, can't remember exact condition, but I think nice. Never did (and now never will!) get the original 1-3, due to cost and also because the original 3 issue story had been retold, beautifully, in DBTD. Being a completist, I did want them, but that handome 2007 hardback they were collected in filled that void. There's also an exclusive Hunter Rose comic in the Comico Collection, which was a way for Comico to clear out some unsold back issues. You'd get a stack of 10 random back issues, a large folded poster of all the Comico characters, and the exclusive 16 page Grendel comic (called "Devil's Vagary)", all in a nicely designed Grendel slipcase. I still keep my own set of Grendel 1-15  and "Vagary" in it. The slipcase hype card said the comic would be available nowhere else back in 1987, and to their credit, it did, I think, take them 25 years to break that promise when it was reprinted in 2012's Grendel Omnibus.

Edited by jdandns
corrected info

On 9/15/2021 at 5:29 PM, littledoom said:

Grendel’s been cold for decades. So you shouldn’t kick yourself 

True and thank you.... 2019 was not a great year for me; when I started downsizing my 1980's collection. I let too many books go that have since exploded in value, especially with all the movie releases. I just shake my head every time I see a post like this one. I've learned my lesson and pay a lot more attention to these forums and sites such as GoCollect.

Many of us are in the same boat. 4 or 5 years ago I went back to my mom's house in San Diego and picked up my long boxes from when I was a kid collecting in the 80's. Sold a lot that I wish I hadn't (GI Joe 1, Transformers 1, Raphael 1......) but kept a lot (Hulk 181, GS X-Men 1, X-Men 94 - 143 run.......) that I am glad I did. I view things on the whole that I am way ahead in what I kept and glad I did. 

On 9/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, rexinnih said:

Many of us are in the same boat. 4 or 5 years ago I went back to my mom's house in San Diego and picked up my long boxes from when I was a kid collecting in the 80's. Sold a lot that I wish I hadn't (GI Joe 1, Transformers 1, Raphael 1......) but kept a lot (Hulk 181, GS X-Men 1, X-Men 94 - 143 run.......) that I am glad I did. I view things on the whole that I am way ahead in what I kept and glad I did. 

Yeah we've all sold keys for pennies that exploded big but if you're a true collector we all still have a majority of the real good stuff

Edited by littledoom