• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2022 at 9:08 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
On 3/20/2022 at 7:04 PM, valiantman said:

He thought it was common sense that the colonies declare independence from England.  That worked out pretty well, but maybe it was intellectual laziness because he just wanted to make money selling pamphlets.

Fun fact: the place where he died is now a piano bar that hosts showtune karaoke

Hopefully, the showtunes include songs from Hamilton, so it all comes full circle.

On 3/15/2022 at 8:04 PM, littledoom said:

I’d definitely hold onto Groo until something actually releases 

The Groo 1 I have kicking around is a Canadian price variant copy...guess I'll have to keep an eye out on demand for this thing finally.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:53 AM, davidpg said:

The Groo 1 I have kicking around is a Canadian price variant copy...guess I'll have to keep an eye out on demand for this thing finally.

If you don't want it, I'll take it :p

On 3/22/2022 at 10:04 AM, Gary Strange said:

Uh, what? Last one went for auction a little over $400.  Book is getting hot, but this hot?? Wonder what a newsstand would go for?

902336249_hulk347.thumb.jpg.1d297af42347f1db277da184bfbdbbb1.jpg

Why would a newsstand be different?

On 3/22/2022 at 1:04 PM, Gary Strange said:

Uh, what? Last one went for auction a little over $400.  Book is getting hot, but this hot?? Wonder what a newsstand would go for?

902336249_hulk347.thumb.jpg.1d297af42347f1db277da184bfbdbbb1.jpg

This run of books is massively underrated.  Peter David was on the top of his game back then and I absolutely loved the Purves art.  I have an awesome OA page from 351 hanging on my wall that I've had for a couple decades...I love the piece.

On 3/22/2022 at 10:46 AM, DavidTheDavid said:

Harder to find in good condition, more sought after by some collectors.

Harder being relative, which is basically the same as saying, I don't know

More sought after, not sure of either

Personally think UPC symbols are ugly, but, I say this with the market being the market

On 3/22/2022 at 12:49 PM, davidpg said:

This run of books is massively underrated.  Peter David was on the top of his game back then and I absolutely loved the Purves art.  I have an awesome OA page from 351 hanging on my wall that I've had for a couple decades...I love the piece.

Agree. I have four purves OA pages myself. 

On 3/22/2022 at 12:50 PM, The Meta said:

Harder being relative, which is basically the same as saying, I don't know

More sought after, not sure of either

Personally think UPC symbols are ugly, but, I say this with the market being the market

If you look at recent sales of graded direct vs newsstands you’ll see the difference. All it proves is that there are people willing to shell out a lot more money for certain comics with a UPC on them. 

Edited by Gary Strange

It's cool to see Purves get some love. My recollection from my middle school days was that all of my friends were McFarlane freaks, so when he left Hulk, and Purves came on, he was the WORST ARTIST IN THE WORLD. Their opinion, not mine. I thought his stuff looked pretty cool, and honestly, in hindsight, a lot more solid (though admittedly less flashy) than Todd's.

On 3/22/2022 at 1:17 PM, F For Fake said:

It's cool to see Purves get some love. My recollection from my middle school days was that all of my friends were McFarlane freaks, so when he left Hulk, and Purves came on, he was the WORST ARTIST IN THE WORLD. Their opinion, not mine. I thought his stuff looked pretty cool, and honestly, in hindsight, a lot more solid (though admittedly less flashy) than Todd's.

It’s a great run in the series. Purves art was my first Hulk comic. And I hope that book does get hotter for selfish reasons. 

30210FA8-78EC-451F-BA32-3E1FFB0E0873.thumb.jpeg.585afd217b12d7368f6ceec808d80df7.jpeg

On 3/22/2022 at 1:27 PM, Gary Strange said:

It’s a great run in the series. Purves art was my first Hulk comic. And I hope that book does get hotter for selfish reasons. 

30210FA8-78EC-451F-BA32-3E1FFB0E0873.thumb.jpeg.585afd217b12d7368f6ceec808d80df7.jpeg

I really, really like both Purves's and MacFarlane's Hulk covers. I like some of Mignola's, too, if we're looking at the 0.65 to 0.75 range.

Speaking of MacFarlane, I think the Hulk covers and Marvel Tales covers are really fantastic and deserve more attention.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

On 3/22/2022 at 2:46 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

I really, really like both Purves's and MacFarlane's Hulk covers. I like some of Mignola's, too, if we're looking at the 0.65 to 0.75 range.

Speaking of MacFarlane, I think the Hulk covers and Marvel Tales covers are really fantastic and deserve more attention.

My understanding is the Marvel Tales have been getting some...