• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2022 at 8:11 PM, ned said:

Primer 2 had 3 sales on eBay today. 

Did I miss some news?

Well, we already know about the Grendel series coming to Netflix, but I don't think there's been any further word. I wouldn't expect the show to hit until 2023, so additional casting news, previews, etc are still likely a ways off. Copies spiked when the series was announced, but since then many have come up for sale with optimistic pricing, and have yet to sell. I'm holding my 9.4 as it's one of my all time favorite series, and 9.6's now have stupid asking prices. Will be interesting to see how this one does once the series actually hits. Primer 2 has been a relatively uncommon and popular book even when Grendel was way off of the radar.

On 4/21/2022 at 7:01 PM, divad said:
SOLAR MAN OF THE ATOM #3 1991 NMMT 9.8 BWS Art 1st App TOYO HARADA HARBINGER B/O

SOLAR MAN OF THE ATOM #3 1991 NMMT 9.8 BWS Art 1st App TOYO HARADA HARBINGER B/O

• $80.00
  • 2 bids
  • +$8.75 shipping
  • Jan-28 16:50
  • Seller: cybergrime(168) 87.5%

Can you imagine how much this would go for if it was a newsstand? :whatthe:

(but they don't exist) :devil:

On 4/22/2022 at 11:53 AM, valiantman said:

Can you imagine how much this would go for if it was a newsstand? :whatthe:

(but they don't exist) :devil:

Unsure of the seller listed, but I'm not too sure I'd take too much stock in the completed sale listed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275134667532?hash=item400f4ddb0c%3Ag%3AP7AAAOSwIh5dvIzM&campid=5338116315&customid=CGCForum&toolid=10001&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&nma=true&si=xwPTgSW728WVVA%2FNl6U7k26SonQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Reason?
The same item may have been recently relisted at $95
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275277826828?hash=item4017d64b0c:g:P7AAAOSwIh5dvIzM

Below are screenshots of the back cover from the completed listing and the active listing with 4 distinctive / matching similarities...
Perhaps seller doesn't take individual photos of their items...idk...

Looking at the seller's feedback something jumped out at me.
I know there are always three sides of a story BUT there is no excuse to dox ANYONE.
I pray that this was all theater because if I were the buyer I would have brought about a legal complaint very quickly.
If it is true, then that type of behavior is unprofessional to say the least.

Completed  auction:

Capture 1.JPG

Active Auction
:

Capture 2.JPG

Possible Dox
ing via eBay feedback replies.
Customer's information was blacked out by me.
(it is viewable in via eBay)

Dox.JPG

edit...so I did figure out that the $80 sale is not valid by reviewing more feedback from the seller (cybergrime)

Feedback.JPG

Edited by Troy Division

On 4/22/2022 at 7:20 PM, Troy Division said:

Unsure of the seller listed, but I'm not too sure I'd take too much stock in the completed sale listed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275134667532?hash=item400f4ddb0c%3Ag%3AP7AAAOSwIh5dvIzM&campid=5338116315&customid=CGCForum&toolid=10001&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&nma=true&si=xwPTgSW728WVVA%2FNl6U7k26SonQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Reason?
The same item may have been recently relisted at $95
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275277826828?hash=item4017d64b0c:g:P7AAAOSwIh5dvIzM

Below are screenshots of the back cover from the completed listing and the active listing with 4 distinctive / matching similarities...
Perhaps seller doesn't take individual photos of their items...idk...

Looking at the seller's feedback something jumped out at me.
I know there are always three sides of a story BUT there is no excuse to dox ANYONE.
I pray that this was all theater because if I were the buyer I would have brought about a legal complaint very quickly.
If it is true, then that type of behavior is unprofessional to say the least.

Completed  auction:

Capture 1.JPG

Active Auction
:

Capture 2.JPG

Possible Dox
ing via eBay feedback replies.
Customer's information was blacked out by me.
(it is viewable in via eBay)

Dox.JPG

edit...so I did figure out that the $80 sale is not valid by reviewing more feedback from the seller (cybergrime)

Feedback.JPG

Now that I've read your entire post, I realize what your position is - your "red circles" are hilarious, and your conclusions and comments are equally so. :bigsmile:

On 4/23/2022 at 12:11 AM, divad said:

Now that I've read your entire post, I realize what your position is - your "red circles" are hilarious, and your conclusions and comments are equally so. :bigsmile:

Apologies, I wasn't aware you were the seller.
Please allow me to gain clarity regarding two points in my message then.

Why post a 'recent data point' of the Solar #3 sale for $80 on 1/28 (275134667532) that you knew to be false as the buyer never paid and the item was then relisted?
(see photo below)

Did you dox a customer in the feedback left for them regarding eBay item 274866562931?
(see photo below)

Feedback.JPG

Dox.JPG

Edited by Troy Division
*spelled 'to' instead of 'two'

On 4/23/2022 at 8:03 AM, Troy Division said:

Why post a 'recent data point' of the Solar #3 sale for $80 on 1/28 (275134667532) that you knew to be false as the buyer never paid and the item was then relisted?
(see photo below)

Did you dox a customer in the feedback left for them regarding eBay item 274866562931?
(see photo below)

Feedback.JPG

Dox.JPG

The buyer lives in my neighborhood. I should drop by and ask if they're aware that their personal info was shared like this.

On 4/23/2022 at 12:04 AM, divad said:

Yep, that's twice now for the same book.  (shrug) It's still very much a data point as these were valid (albeit "weak-kneed" purchasers.) :wavingwhiteflag:

I do not follow the logic of how it's a valid a data point. Bidder (the only bidder) appears to have been purposely person eff-ing around or perhaps carrying out some vendetta?   Does anyone else consider this known and admitted Non Consummated sale valid data?   Will that be the next thing in the hobby; base sales data on items that never actually sold?

P.S. I've never understood that segment of the hobby that spends nearly same or the same for raw rather than for graded. Solar 3 in CGC 9.8w goes for $155-$185, in 9.6w goes for $100-$120. So $80-$95 for a raw copy seems highly unwise, but again as mentioned I just don't get that part of the hobby.

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/23/2022 at 8:29 PM, MAR1979 said:

P.S. I've never understood that segment of the hobby that spends nearly same or the same for raw rather than for graded.

I've never understood the inverse of this. :bigsmile:

On 4/23/2022 at 7:52 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The buyer lives in my neighborhood. I should drop by and ask if they're aware that 

they're a total loser. Please do. And ask him to return the book that he was so displeased with. :nyah: 

On 4/23/2022 at 5:03 AM, Troy Division said:

By reposting your message verbatim? Gain clarity? (We don't talk like that in real life.) :insane:

On 4/23/2022 at 8:29 PM, MAR1979 said:

Does anyone else consider this known and admitted Non Consummated sale valid data?   Will that be the next thing in the hobby; base sales data on items that never actually sold?

What next thing . . . Heritage and ComicLink have been doing it for years . . . not to mention many others (who no longer post here). :news:

On 4/24/2022 at 2:36 AM, divad said:

By reposting your message verbatim? Gain clarity? (We don't talk like that in real life.) :insane:

My initial post was regarding an unknown (to me) seller.

You were kind enough to self-identify as the seven various sellers.
By doing so I was then able to ask questions directly of you (as the seller in question) to 'gain clarity' about my original post.

Thank for for replying to my questions.
I see that you responded to one boardee re: question #1 and responded to another boardee re: question #2.

Edited by Troy Division