• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,871 posts in this topic

Honest question, but who is buying these issues and driving their prices up? Speculators? Collectors? X-Factor is one of those titles that is in probably 80% of the collections of collectors who were around when it launched in the mid 1980s. I'm guessing those collectors make up a large number of the current collectors

Again I think people in this thread and across this entire forum are underestimating how many kids that grew up in the 80s and 90s reading comics and watching the Batman, Spider-Man, and X-Men cartoons on Fox have grown up and can now afford to put money into things like comic collecting

So while villains like Mr Sinister and Apocalypse haven't been around nearly as long as characters like Magneto or Juggernaut you are seeing a large interest in the newer characters because they were just as big during those collector's childhoods as the mega villains that had already been around for decades at that point in time. Plus their first appearances are much more affordable.

Edited by darkstar

I'm so pissed off at how much a book heats up with movie news. This X-Factor 6 book was $10-15 up until however many days ago! I heard the news and immediately regretted not picking up a copy earlier.

I ended up getting a high grade copy of #6 for under $20, so I did decent right?

I still felt quite powerless when I heard the news and realized I was forced to get a copy ASAP before it balloons up to incredible prices. The addiction is real.

I'm so pissed off at how much a book heats up with movie news. This X-Factor 6 book was $10-15 up until however many days ago! I heard the news and immediately regretted not picking up a copy earlier.

I ended up getting a high grade copy of #6 for under $20, so I did decent right?

I still felt quite powerless when I heard the news and realized I was forced to get a copy ASAP before it balloons up to incredible prices. The addiction is real.

43636160.jpg

I am shocked how fast they are selling now that the official news is out.

I posted two on Ebay, and within a few hours (and a couple of counter-offers), they were gone.

I posted two on Ebay, and within a few hours (and a couple of counter-offers), they were gone.

I posted a low grade 5 & 6 together for a BIN....They were literally gone within minutes and paid for immediately.

I posted a low grade 5 & 6 together for a BIN....They were literally gone within minutes and paid for immediately.

After today's experience, I totally believe this. The books were purchased and paid for within minutes. I was able to put them both in the mail within two hours of listing, counter-offering, receiving payment and boxing them up.

:o

Why can't all my comics be like that?

I called X-Factor 6 as soon as it was announced DOFP would have time travel and Bishop in it.

The next book to snag up is probably Uncanny 221 first Sinister. Where there's Apocalypse there is always Sinister.

Now if only someone could confirm Darkhawk appearing in a Phase 3 movie.

I called X-Factor 6 as soon as it was announced DOFP would have time travel and Bishop in it.

The next book to snag up is probably Uncanny 221 first Sinister. Where there's Apocalypse there is always Sinister.

On top of those, I have to believe that X-Factor #24 will start heating up soon also. With Apocalypse, the Horsemen have to be around, and Archangel is a shoe in. Get em now.

On top of those, I have to believe that X-Factor #24 will start heating up soon also. With Apocalypse, the Horsemen have to be around, and Archangel is a shoe in. Get em now.

Didn't quite amass a long box but I got enough. ;-)

Yeah, Appoc, Sinister and Archangel I think are a shoe in for the XM:A movie. The 3 of them go together like Peanut Butter, Jelly and Milk!

I've got about a dozen copies with 4 of them at CGC right now..

All three books are my "buy em when I see em" group which also includes Nova 1, Darkhawk 1, X-Men 5, Uncanny 282, New Mutants 87 when it dips. 87 always dips then warms up again.

Wasnt there another modern on your list too? :baiting:

Still holding out hope for Blackacre 1 if that's the one you mean. Book is a great read I'm really surprised it hasn't caught on more.

X-Men #5?

Omega Red, the biggest bust villain since Vengeance from Ghost Rider.

Such high hopes for the two of them in the early 90's. Now? They would be considered one-hit wonders. lol

Put Omega Red in a solid story feuding with Deadpool or Fantomex and he's hot again.