• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

Is Omega Red coming back in the comics or something?

Its still .99 to 6.00 raw from what I am seeing. Sounds like people trying to stir something up to get rid of their 1.00 stock.

I hope that is not what the Copper Age Forum has devolved to. Though it feels lately like the main discussions are about how much someone can make off a collection they purchased, and which books to submit to CGC. There are also discussions about books and characters that we can appreciate.

I don't think anyone brought up price until you posted market ranges. I realize the intent of the thread is to track Ebay sales. Hopefully talking about comic book content doesn't become a forgotten topic.

well, in some folks' defense, it may be that they want to flip their drek during a temporary upswing to help fund the purchases they actually care about and want to keep longer term. afterall, it's how many here have been able to put together nice collections without having jobs that would pay for them.

i just want to flip to pay my bills OTOH because my day job ain't cutting it. problem is, I'm too frigging tired when i get home from work after a long day and then taking care of the kids, making dinner, doing laundry, etc. to bother listing, so I miss 80% of the short term spikes out there

I heard they are making an Amalgam movie!!!

Someone is hoarding Amalgam issues.

:D

-slym

I heard they're making an Ultraverse movie as well… ;)

And I wouldn't say "hoard"…maybe "stuck with"...

The CGC label on X-Men 4 says "1st appearance of Omega Red"

Works for me.

So are we now saying that CGC doesn't make mistakes?

I agree that 4 will be considered his first but so should The Annual and possibly the What if

Now that I went back and read what was in Annual #1, I have to disagree.

The first is in the simulator as part of the backup story "X-Men's Top Ten Villains" drawn by Karl Altstaetter. Omega Red was listed as #5, right behind Apocalypse. So does that mean they had already fought (e.g. X-Men #4)?

Wolverine had no idea who Omega Red was until X-Men #4, when he picked up his scent and realized it was Arkady Rossovich, someone he knew from this past. So in Annual #1 where he now discusses Omega Red, this would have to be after-the-fact because beforehand he didn't even know the character.

See what I mean?

Hopefully this made sense. From a timing perspective, it would be odd for Wolverine to brief someone on Omega Red in a 1st appearance when he doesn't even know who the character is until X-Men #4.

Now if this was the Gambit situation where the books were published out-of-synch, that would be a different story.

In this case I don't think the plot points matter, they were released at the same time.

Does anyone really know if they were actually released at the same time? Given the fact that comic books are shipped to comic shops on a weekly basis, isn't it possible that X-Men #4 was actually released 1-2 weeks before the Annual? (shrug)

Its still .99 to 6.00 raw from what I am seeing. Sounds like people trying to stir something up to get rid of their 1.00 stock.

There are also discussions about books and characters that we can appreciate.

I'm past that lol

I hope that is not what the Copper Age Forum has devolved to. Though it feels lately like the main discussions are about how much someone can make off a collection they purchased, and which books to submit to CGC. There are also discussions about books and characters that we can appreciate.

I don't think anyone brought up price until you posted market ranges. I realize the intent of the thread is to track Ebay sales. Hopefully talking about comic book content doesn't become a forgotten topic.

I appreciate Bosco's sentiment. I much prefer reading about the content or history of the books, and it seems like the short term flippers have migrated here from the modern forum but this thread is titled "Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay" so I would expect some discussion on flipping. (shrug)

I would prefer to talk/ read about comics and history etc. without worrying about values. I have been in this hobby since before many folks were a twinkle in their parents' eyes. There was a time when value and how much something was worth was important to me, my collecting grew past that.

Simply put people are using this thread to cash in on trends and make a quick buck, whether it be running to the lcs and grabbing all the copies then can in order flip on ebay or dump the books they have. Typically, its the 1st scenario from what I see.

I appreciate Bosco's sentiment. I much prefer reading about the content or history of the books, and it seems like the short term flippers have migrated here from the modern forum but this thread is titled "Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay" so I would expect some discussion on flipping. (shrug)

Should have just said +1 :P

I would prefer to talk/ read about comics and history etc. without worrying about values. I have been in this hobby since before many folks were a twinkle in their parents' eyes. There was a time when value and how much something was worth was important to me, my collecting grew past that.

Simply put people are using this thread to cash in on trends and make a quick buck, whether it be running to the lcs and grabbing all the copies then can in order flip on ebay or dump the books they have. Typically, its the 1st scenario from what I see.

+1

I think there are some people who are trying to "create their own news" if that makes sense. This has been the case on the modern boards since I can remember. The last few years have definitely gotten worse.

Thanks Mike. :cloud9:

And on the second item, that was why I had inserted the later statement. The discussion with MrWeen (Hopefully we get to know each other well enough, I can call him "The Weenster") was just to explain why X-Men #4 has become the recognized 1st appearance of a character. I'm not selling anything, nor am I boosting someone's sales.

But I do think Omega Red is one of those sleeper villains that can jump back out again. I'd like to see that happen.

Thanks Mike. :cloud9:

And on the second item, that was why I had inserted the later statement. The discussion with MrWeen (Hopefully we get to know each other well enough, I can call him "The Weenster") was just to explain why X-Men #4 has become the recognized 1st appearance of a character. I'm not selling anything, nor am I boosting someone's sales.

But I do think Omega Red is one of those sleeper villains that can jump back out again. I'd like to see that happen.

Sorry if I offended you. I wasn't implying you were trying to boost sales.