• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Is it possible to press any of the Marvel Graphic Novels -- and get good results? IIRC the cover stock is thicker (card stock), and any creasing that you get is likely there to stay.

Compared to other, larger books like Vengeance of Bane which has more of a "traditional" stock.

Yes. As long as it doesn't break color, or break the paper fibers ("NCB creases") or disturb the gloss, and isn't a deep gouge or whatnot, the damage can be repaired to an extent. Not, of course, as well as traditional cover stock, as it is cardboard, but it can be mitigated.

Picked up 10 copies of NM #1 for $7 yesterday at a local con along with the GN 1st print for $5.

Has NM #1 risen that much already? This was a dollar book for so long, hard to imagine people spending $5 let alone $7 or more.

Interesting... hm

Time to pull out the rest of my NM run to sell I guess.

The day the news hit, I sold 5 copies in the span of about 12 hours, for as much as $40.

I doubt it will be sustainable though, once people start pulling out longboxes full of just the #1s from storage.

Edited by Flatliner1313

MGN 4 literally doubled in price overnight on graded copies once the movie news hit. Finding a 9.8 for less than $700 is going to be a tough task now.

LCS are all probably wiped out but I would try to find some raw copies in the wild.

"GIMME GIMME GIMME".

Is this what RMA meant ? If so, then we probably deserve a crash. Anyone who suddenly wants this book simply because the concept of a potential movie was announced and pays "$700+" will probably lose money, as hundreds and hundreds (thousands?) of copies are now being boxed and readied for CGC as I type this. Although I do still find RMA's comments hypocritical, considering he will be an active particpant in the "madness". I don't think anybody who pays $700 for this book would ever (or have any right) to go back to the dealer who sold them the book six months later and blame them for their nonsensical impulse buy. And I don't think that is anything RMA (or any other dealer) worries about. It really is a "GIMME GIMME GIMME" on both sides then, isn't it RMA.

By the way, the books to own are (still) X-men 1, Hulk 181, NM 87 and 98.

Those no-name D-lister mutants in MGN 4 will not be what carry any movie (assuming the movie even happens). The general public has gone to see every x-men movie thus far essentially for wolverine. The comic fan boys want to see Deadpool and Cable now. The real X-men would undoubtedly appear in any "New Mutants" movie as well.

And Oops, what if the potential title literally means what it says and FOX actually creates "new mutants" that never appeared in any comic. Quite the possibility, since, lets face it, the "new mutants" that appeared in the comics really are quite lame. lol

-J.

That would be hilarious, but I bet Fox cannot just slap these brands on any characters due to contract restrictions.

With that said, I mentioned before I am in awe how many people are sucked into this movie hype. People that could care less about a book today, but when a movie is announced, all of a sudden they want the book. I don't understand the mentality at all. Why is the book more desirable because of a movie?

I am so glad I made the decision to divest myself of most of my collection. Every day, a new book is popping and I am able to capitalize on it. If I sold my collection 5-10 years ago, I wouldn't have gotten nearly as much as I'm am able to make today. I don't understand it, but I also am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

MGN 4 literally doubled in price overnight on graded copies once the movie news hit. Finding a 9.8 for less than $700 is going to be a tough task now.

LCS are all probably wiped out but I would try to find some raw copies in the wild.

"GIMME GIMME GIMME".

Is this what RMA meant ? If so, then we probably deserve a crash. Anyone who suddenly wants this book simply because the concept of a potential movie was announced and pays "$700+" will probably lose money, as hundreds and hundreds (thousands?) of copies are now being boxed and readied for CGC as I type this. Although I do still find RMA's comments hypocritical, considering he will be an active particpant in the "madness". I don't think anybody who pays $700 for this book would ever (or have any right) to go back to the dealer who sold them the book six months later and blame them for their nonsensical impulse buy. And I don't think that is anything RMA (or any other dealer) worries about. It really is a "GIMME GIMME GIMME" on both sides then, isn't it RMA.

Those no-name D-lister mutants in MGN 4 will not be what carry any movie (assuming the movie even happens). The general public has gone to see every x-men movie thus far essentially for wolverine. The comic fan boys want to see Deadpool and Cable now. The real X-men would undoubtedly appear in any "New Mutants" movie as well.

And Oops, what if the potential title literally means what it says and FOX actually creates "new mutants" that never appeared in any comic. Quite the possibility, since, lets face it, the "new mutants" that appeared in the comics really are quite lame. lol

-J.

That would be hilarious, but I bet Fox cannot just slap these brands on any characters due to contract restrictions.

With that said, I mentioned before I am in awe how many people are sucked into this movie hype. People that could care less about a book today, but when a movie is announced, all of a sudden they want the book. I don't understand the mentality at all. Why is the book more desirable because of a movie?

I am so glad I made the decision to divest myself of most of my collection. Every day, a new book is popping and I am able to capitalize on it. If I sold my collection 5-10 years ago, I wouldn't have gotten nearly as much as I'm am able to make today. I don't understand it, but I also am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Jay doesn't understand what hypocrisy is.

It means "don't do this" while you do it, or "do this", while you refuse.

Recognizing that the prices the market is paying at this point is unsustainable, while simultaneously selling at those market prices isn't hypocrisy.

I'm not telling anyone to not sell at those prices, while I do, nor am I telling anyone not to buy anything, while I buy.

It's a simple acknowledgement of what is, and what it might lead to.

I find it offensive, and would like Jay to apologize, but hey, no one cares what I find offensive.

:cloud9:

Picked up 10 copies of NM #1 for $7 yesterday at a local con along with the GN 1st print for $5.

Has NM #1 risen that much already? This was a dollar book for so long, hard to imagine people spending $5 let alone $7 or more.

Interesting... hm

Time to pull out the rest of my NM run to sell I guess.

It was 10 copies for $7 total, not $7 per copy. :) They are selling for $20-40 each on eBay right now.

I don't understand why NM1 took such a jump. There's really nothing significant about that book. It's not a first appearance.

Same reason Inhumans #1, Iron Man #1, Ms. Marvel #1 (current series), etc saw jumps.

I don't understand why NM1 took such a jump. There's really nothing significant about that book. It's not a first appearance.

Same reason Inhumans #1, Iron Man #1, Ms. Marvel #1 (current series), etc saw jumps.

+1

#1 is all it takes, some [most] times.

+1

#1 is all it takes, some [most] times.

It's the first issue of their first series. If MGN #4 is the New Mutants' Action #1, New Mutants #1 is their Superman #1. Doesn't seem like a big mystery to me.

wow. That's ultra cheap. Anyone know what the most one of these have gone for?

Wow. That's insane. I wish I'd have known. :(

"GIMME GIMME GIMME".

-J.

Jay doesn't understand what hypocrisy is.

It means "don't do this" while you do it, or "do this", while you refuse.

Recognizing that the prices the market is paying at this point is unsustainable, while simultaneously selling at those market prices isn't hypocrisy.

I'm not telling anyone to not sell at those prices, while I do, nor am I telling anyone not to buy anything, while I buy.

It's a simple acknowledgement of what is, and what it might lead to.

I find it offensive, and would like Jay to apologize, but hey, no one cares what I find offensive.

:cloud9:

That was great. lol

New Mutants #18 (first appearance of Warlock) seems to be heating up. People are starting to appreciate The Demon Bear Saga again, hurrah!

But the art was horrendous. This is from memory I haven't read it in a long time.

:o

(tsk)

You can name your own price on that. Someone will want it more than you one day.

First appearance in comic form? Some people don't care for the GN format.

I don't understand why pretty much every NM issue is ridiculously priced on Mile High's site.

You can name your own price on that. Someone will want it more than you one day.

Yeah, I wish I would have known. I sold mine for $400 (minus fees) and have regretted it ever since. I would have bid double that with no problem.