• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

'fess up; who else is checking to see if any of that isn't actually drek. Who those, those Impact comics could see renewed interest if the Archie reboot takes off.

lol - looks like they raided the bins of a Half Priced Books store :)

Best bet is just the $4.95 w/ no later printing designation (or missing printer's numbers) on the inside.

Sure, but this "why later versions have "$4.95, $5.95 Can" on them" argument is idiotic, as why release a comic for $4.95 USD and then a later printing for $5.95 USD, then later issue another printing with "$4.95 USD, $5.95 CAD" on the cover?

It makes no sense, other than if the $5.95 on the second comic was intended to be CAD.

Why do Jan-Sept 1982 cover date Marvels only have a "regular" price and UK price, but Oct and going forward have "regular", Can, and UK...with a Canadian newsstand version to boot...?

Answers to questions:

1. The Canadian economy.

2. Brand new format.

3. Reprintings.

That's why.

This has all been gone over. The market for Canadian versions was evolving at that point. It was quite clearly unsettled.

Will you ever be able to have a discussion without being demeaning?

And another nice book that's hot:

FANTASTIC FOUR 348 :grin:

That FF Art Adams run was the beginning of the end of Art's classic years. I still cant believe they got Milgrom to ink AAdmas on it :facepalm:

I disagree - it's a tight book, nicely drawn, with a great cover. ( :gossip: Milgrom only inks 4 pages btw. )

'fess up; who else is checking to see if any of that isn't actually drek. Who those, those Impact comics could see renewed interest if the Archie reboot takes off.

Seller says he has more than 10 lots available, so what the hell I bought a box. Depends on how long the drek was sitting, right? Last week's drek is this week's profit

Seller says he has more than 10 lots available, so what the hell I bought a box. Depends on how long the drek was sitting, right? Last week's drek is this week's profit

Looks like a bunch of fire starter material.

Ask him for one of the boxes that says "Marvel" on the side . . . ;)

I was talking with a friend of mine who owns a store yesterday, and we both agreed that you can't blow anything off now - ANY book has the potential to pop.

I was talking with a friend of mine who owns a store yesterday, and we both agreed that you can't blow anything off now - ANY book has the potential to pop.

And Evans wonders why I never fire-saled the warehouse....

I would say that's true for any property being published by a company that's still in business or whose rights are owned by a big company. But a lot of that copper self-published drek I can't see a demand for at any price, at any time.