• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

The most interesting thing about the ASM ann#21 is:

CGC doesnt appear to separate covers A & B :o

So, the census will show 239 9.8s for BOTH and the label will read:

Spider Man and Peter Parker covers exist

Now, Ive always known that those are hard to come across on eBay in 9.8 for a decent price. But last month there was a 9.8 Spidey version which sold for 340.0 and a Parker version sold for 150.00, almost a week apart! (shrug)

I actually looked into this and there is no difference in prices and one is no rarer than the other. The one that MCS evidently sold is the definition of an "outlier". The auction results on heritage bear this out. I actually prefer the Peter Parker version as I find the Spider-Man version doesn't really make sense in context lol .

-J

Here's a question for the experts posting in this thread...

I went looking for a Peter Parker version of ASM Annual #21 and saw that there are absolutely no 9.8's on ebay of either cover. I subsequently found one on Heritage, but...

Are people hoarding this book for some reason? Perhaps the "Renew Your Vows" event?

-J.

Im no expert, but I have never had problems selling this book for 40 sometimes 50 raw in NM in the past year or so.. Great investment book in high grade (thumbs u

Totally agree. I bought my first copy just last weekend. Such a great comic :cloud9:

Are you talking about slabs? I see mostly sales in the 10-20 range.

Here's a question for the experts posting in this thread...

I went looking for a Peter Parker version of ASM Annual #21 and saw that there are absolutely no 9.8's on ebay of either cover. I subsequently found one on Heritage, but...

Are people hoarding this book for some reason? Perhaps the "Renew Your Vows" event?

-J.

Im no expert, but I have never had problems selling this book for 40 sometimes 50 raw in NM in the past year or so.. Great investment book in high grade (thumbs u

Totally agree. I bought my first copy just last weekend. Such a great comic :cloud9:

Are you talking about slabs? I see mostly sales in the 10-20 range.

Nope. Raw.. It wont fly at 40-50.00 but it will eventually sell

Now, Ive always known that those are hard to come across on eBay in 9.8 for a decent price. But last month there was a 9.8 Spidey version which sold for 340.0 and a Parker version sold for 150.00, almost a week apart! (shrug)

I actually looked into this and there is no difference in prices and one is no rarer than the other. The one that MCS evidently sold is the definition of an "outlier". The auction results on heritage bear this out. I actually prefer the Peter Parker version as I find the Spider-Man version doesn't really make sense in context lol .

-J

Can anyone pull GPA stats on 9.8? Just curious.

I actually think that the 150.00 sale was low for this book at that grade. 340, although high, is closer to what I had in mind than 150.00

The problem being (for me at least) was that no one was/is selling any 9.8's when I wanted one. :pullhair: I was wondering if there was a reason for that. If they were being hoarded or the book is "heating up" as it were (because of "Renew Your Vows").

-J.

So is there room for more Silver Surfer Vol 3 issues to grow? I bought a lot of 4 long boxes a couple months ago and there was bunch of SS in there. Dude took out all the issues he thought were keys, but now a bunch of the surrounding issues are getting hot. Sell now or do they keep going up?

So is there room for more Silver Surfer Vol 3 issues to grow? I bought a lot of 4 long boxes a couple months ago and there was bunch of SS in there. Dude took out all the issues he thought were keys, but now a bunch of the surrounding issues are getting hot. Sell now or do they keep going up?

Sell, as any issue heats up enough to make it worth your while. :grin: Many will. :) Otherwise hold. Mylar all at 9.6 or better.

I recently dug out pretty much all of my Marvel cosmic stuff to unload. I figure I'd trim my collection while that stuff is hot. I realized I have a bunch of newsstand issues of the early SS issues, including #1

The 2 covers are as equally common, or equally tough depending on where you live. When it came out, my main LCS at the time had both covers, even though they were a direct sale shop they were offered the newsstand variant. Sure most of the other shops did as well

Sell, as any issue heats up enough to make it worth your while. :grin: Many will. :) Otherwise hold. Mylar all at 9.6 or better. Slab as soon as possible to be able to capitalize on market trends any 9.8 or higher

Fixed that for you.

Sell, as any issue heats up enough to make it worth your while. :grin: Many will. :) Otherwise hold. Mylar all at 9.6 or better. Slab as soon as possible to be able to capitalize on market trends any 9.8 or higher

Fixed that for you.

Why pay 50% of their value to CGC, instead of 10% to eBay? :grin:

ASM Annual 21 a true key? :screwy: "Kids these days . . . " :eyeroll:

:preach:

I love coming here and getting compliments from newbs on my age

Now, if only you were 50 years younger and of opposite gender :banana:

It may not be a "high dollar 'key'" (yet), but Peter and MJ's wedding would certainly have to be considered a "key" moment in Spider-Man lore. In that regard, it is a "key". The book being tough in high or 9.8 grade can very easily give it steam along with the "Renew Your Vows" event and whatever comes out of that. That is precisely what triggered me to finally seek out a high grade copy for myself. (thumbs u

-J.

ASM Annual 21 a true key? :screwy: "Kids these days . . . " :eyeroll:

:preach:

I love coming here and getting compliments from newbs on my age

Now, if only you were 50 years younger and of opposite gender :banana:

It may not be a "high dollar 'key'" (yet), but Peter and MJ's wedding would certainly have to be considered a "key" moment in Spider-Man lore. In that regard, it is a "key". The book being tough in high or 9.8 grade can very easily give it steam along with the "Renew Your Vows" event and whatever comes out of that. That is precisely what triggered me to finally seek out a high grade copy for myself. (thumbs u

-J.

People lose track of what a true key is. a book selling for 350.00 in a 9.8 is a key

A book which is constantly in demand for almost 30 years regardless of price is a key

A key is NOT a book that came out yesterday and will have a staying power of a year or less

a key is NOT a book that is being in demand due to current events

a key is NOT a book that came out 30 years ago and all of a sudden became popular

hmm. I dont know. To me a "Key" issue is one that gives it a distinction from its surrounding issues. Like say a 1st appearance, or 1st issue of an artist or writer. Something along those lines.

I dont think Price or Age is the distinction here.

Edited by faster friends

hmm. I dont know. To me a "Key" issue is one that gives it a distinction from its surrounding issues. Like say a 1st appearance, or 1st issue of an artist or writer. Something along those lines.

I dont think Price or Age is the distinction here.

most likely.. if a book has a staying power of 30 years and is selling for 350.00 in 9.8..

something happened in that book to justify those trends

and yeah,, you can bet that spideys wedding was distinct from surrounding issues