• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

I was talking with a friend of mine who owns a store yesterday, and we both agreed that you can't blow anything off now - ANY book has the potential to pop.

I would say that's true for any property being published by a company that's still in business or whose rights are owned by a big company. But a lot of that copper self-published drek I can't see a demand for at any price, at any time.

If the drek had a good run in the 80s, its probaby smartes to invest in now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-FISH-POLICE-VOL-1-1-UNREAD-1985-FISHWRAP-PRESENTS-HAIRBALLS-NM-/400925870757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d590b4aa5&nma=true&si=cCTwDudGe%252B4b5k1cNGahWuAER9I%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUSTICE-MACHINE-ANNUAL-UNREAD-VOL-1-1-1983-1-st-appearance-of-Elements-Fn-/400925858845?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d590b1c1d

'fess up; who else is checking to see if any of that isn't actually drek. Who those, those Impact comics could see renewed interest if the Archie reboot takes off.

Seller says he has more than 10 lots available, so what the hell I bought a box. Depends on how long the drek was sitting, right? Last week's drek is this week's profit

Ask him for one of the boxes that says "Marvel" on the side . . . ;)

lol I did when I paid for it... great minds

I was talking with a friend of mine who owns a store yesterday, and we both agreed that you can't blow anything off now - ANY book has the potential to pop.

I would say that's true for any property being published by a company that's still in business or whose rights are owned by a big company. But a lot of that copper self-published drek I can't see a demand for at any price, at any time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-FISH-POLICE-VOL-1-1-UNREAD-1985-FISHWRAP-PRESENTS-HAIRBALLS-NM-/400925870757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d590b4aa5&nma=true&si=cCTwDudGe%252B4b5k1cNGahWuAER9I%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUSTICE-MACHINE-ANNUAL-UNREAD-VOL-1-1-1983-1-st-appearance-of-Elements-Fn-/400925858845?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d590b1c1d

shh

When a friend of mine moved coasts years ago, he left his comic collection with me. I keep thinking I'm going to get around to packing it up and sending it to him. I mentioned it to him recently, and he basically said do what you want with it. You can sell it and split the money with me. Looking through it today, there's a ton of '80s indies. Some Critters, some Usagi Yojimbo, a couple copies of Animal Man #1. Oh, and a Detective 411.

When a friend of mine moved coasts years ago, he left his comic collection with me. I keep thinking I'm going to get around to packing it up and sending it to him. I mentioned it to him recently, and he basically said do what you want with it. You can sell it and split the money with me. Looking through it today, there's a ton of '80s indies. Some Critters, some Usagi Yojimbo, a couple copies of Animal Man #1. Oh, and a Detective 411.

I just recently bought a collection with complete sets of American Flagg, Concrete, Animal Man, '87 Justice League etc.. I was so psyched I didnt even notice there was a mid grade Jimmy Olsen 134 in there. Yup, my basement has very little room left now :sorry:

Any thoughts on Hulk 401 or Future Imperfect 1 to heat up, with the return of maestro?

Hulk 401 you say? hm

Heat up you say? hm

Return of Maestro you say... hm

hmhmhm

I believe so, as maestro is supposed to be on the other side of secret wars. Marvel has said they will not be making a planet hulk movie, maybe a future imperfect could be made.

but if it's a mid-run book, not a first or second appearance, etc., there is only so far it can go

generic mid-run issues of the 1997 deadpool series are capping out at $5-$8 a pop and that was pretty low print-run and he is really popular, with a movie, etc.

now, it's true, we've seen this now with at least three titles, WD, Deadpool and I guess Harley's first series, with generic mid-run issues crossing the $5 plateau, is there another series like that? Maybe spawns in the 100s?

i'd feel safe tossing a lot of in a dollar box

but yeah, it had better be real krap to blow out at 5 cents or a dime

Here's a question for the experts posting in this thread...

I went looking for a Peter Parker version of ASM Annual #21 and saw that there are absolutely no 9.8's on ebay of either cover. I subsequently found one on Heritage, but...

Are people hoarding this book for some reason? Perhaps the "Renew Your Vows" event?

-J.

on the flip side, and i know this isn't copper, but i thought this would be doing better now as they were selling for more just a couple of years ago BEFORE thanos exploded:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-UNIVERSE-the-END-1-6-vs-THANOS-COMPLETE-NM-9-2-SET-/351402734489?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51d13c3399

but if it's a mid-run book, not a first or second appearance, etc., there is only so far it can go

generic mid-run issues of the 1997 deadpool series are capping out at $5-$8 a pop and that was pretty low print-run and he is really popular, with a movie, etc.

now, it's true, we've seen this now with at least three titles, WD, Deadpool and I guess Harley's first series, with generic mid-run issues crossing the $5 plateau, is there another series like that? Maybe spawns in the 100s?

Try finding late Deathstroke, Lobo & Static books for 10-20, heck some are even 50-80. They have no real significance, and they are not huge properties like deadpool, harley etc, but they bring good coin. Really good coin

I went looking for a Peter Parker version of ASM Annual #21 and saw that there are absolutely no 9.8's on ebay of either cover. I subsequently found one on Heritage, but...

Are people hoarding this book for some reason? Perhaps the "Renew Your Vows" event?

-J.

Im no expert, but I have never had problems selling this book for 40 sometimes 50 raw in NM in the past year or so.. Great investment book in high grade (thumbs u

Try finding late Deathstroke, Lobo & Static books for 10-20, heck some are even 50-80. They have no real significance, and they are not huge properties like deadpool, harley etc, but they bring good coin. Really good coin

that's why i emphasize "mid-run"..the later books circa 1998-2002 are often interesting

Lobo was a huge property. he might again be.

deathstroke is a pretty significant villian. he is in the cartoons.

-J.

Im no expert, but I have never had problems selling this book for 40 sometimes 50 raw in NM in the past year or so.. Great investment book in high grade (thumbs u

Thanks for the response! (thumbs u

-J.

-J.

Totally agree. I bought my first copy just last weekend. Such a great comic :cloud9:

on the flip side, and i know this isn't copper, but i thought this would be doing better now as they were selling for more just a couple of years ago BEFORE thanos exploded:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-UNIVERSE-the-END-1-6-vs-THANOS-COMPLETE-NM-9-2-SET-/351402734489?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51d13c3399

I agree. But it's always been the ugly stepchild to the Infinity Gauntlet. Some of the covers are pretty ugly too.

I pulled mine off the market some time ago because it was financially viable to sell at time and I thought it had better potential to jump when Thanos was in the full movie.

Patrick

-J.

Totally agree. I bought my first copy just last weekend. Such a great comic :cloud9:

This was one of the first "investment" comics I bought when I was a kid. I think I paid about $4 at a comic show at the local shopping mall, and I thought it was a king's ransom to pay for a comic book.

I'm sure I sold it at some point along the line, long before it appreciated. Dumb kid me!

The most interesting thing about the ASM ann#21 is:

CGC doesnt appear to separate covers A & B :o

So, the census will show 239 9.8s for BOTH and the label will read:

Spider Man and Peter Parker covers exist

Now, Ive always known that those are hard to come across on eBay in 9.8 for a decent price. But last month there was a 9.8 Spidey version which sold for 340.0 and a Parker version sold for 150.00, almost a week apart! (shrug)