• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

I've always wondered if someone would have the guts to start a thread, "Comics that are cooling off and on the way down". Yeah, that would go over like a pregnant pole vaulter. I can just imagine the threatening PM's the OP and thread contributors would get. Still, it would make for some good information. Legends #3 would have to be mentioned for starters. I know the list would be long especially if it included the ludicrous inflated sales of '08 - '10.

I've always wondered if someone would have the guts to start a thread, "Comics that are cooling off and on the way down". Yeah, that would go over like a pregnant pole vaulter. I can just imagine the threatening PM's the OP and thread contributors would get. Still, it would make for some good information. Legends #3 would have to be mentioned for starters. I know the list would be long especially if it included the ludicrous inflated sales of '08 - '10.

Here you go:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8574801&fpart=1

Apparently, Murphman13 is now taking applications for the pregnant pole vaulting team...

Here you go:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8574801&fpart=1

Apparently, Murphman13 is now taking applications for the pregnant pole vaulting team...

God, I wasn't even thinking about the new moderns from the past few months/years with all the variants and everything else. There are more speculators/flippers in that genre than golden age through 90's combined.

Still, the way that thread died pretty much proves my point.

And a whole pregnant pole vaulter team would absolutely be :popcorn:.

Assuming they cleared it with their doctors first.

Here you go:

God, I wasn't even thinking about the new moderns from the past few months/years with all the variants and everything else. There are more speculators/flippers in that genre than golden age through 90's combined.

Still, the way that thread died pretty much proves my point.

And a whole pregnant pole vaulter team would absolutely be :popcorn:.

Assuming they cleared it with their doctors first.

Pretty easy to get the thread going again. And I think it's worthwhile. So...get it going again! Start it off with Legends 3...I didn't realize it was cooling off. Why don't you post some stats there and get the conversation going?

Pretty easy to get the thread going again. And I think it's worthwhile. So...get it going again! Start it off with Legends 3...I didn't realize it was cooling off. Why don't you post some stats there and get the conversation going?

Here's a stat, a book like Legends #3 will be up and down for two years. It fluctuates in terms of how much and how often movie promotion is presented to the media. They are only filming the movie now. You will see a couple more bumps for trailers and when it's actually released.

Here's a stat, a book like Legends #3 will be up and down for two years. It fluctuates in terms of how much and how often movie promotion is presented to the media. They are only filming the movie now. You will see a couple more bumps for trailers and when it's actually released.

agree. WHen they have a trailer of SS during the BvsS movie, we can probably expect a bit of a bump.

ASM Annual 21 a true key? :screwy: "Kids these days . . . " :eyeroll:

:preach:

I love coming here and getting compliments from newbs on my age

Now, if only you were 50 years younger and of opposite gender :banana:

It may not be a "high dollar 'key'" (yet), but Peter and MJ's wedding would certainly have to be considered a "key" moment in Spider-Man lore. In that regard, it is a "key". The book being tough in high or 9.8 grade can very easily give it steam along with the "Renew Your Vows" event and whatever comes out of that. That is precisely what triggered me to finally seek out a high grade copy for myself. (thumbs u

-J.

People lose track of what a true key is. a book selling for 350.00 in a 9.8 is a key

A book which is constantly in demand for almost 30 years regardless of price is a key

A key is NOT a book that came out yesterday and will have a staying power of a year or less

a key is NOT a book that is being in demand due to current events

a key is NOT a book that came out 30 years ago and all of a sudden became popular

I kind of disagree with the last 2.

Look at Legends 3, first Suicide Squad. It has always been their first appearance except no one really cared. Now with the new series, the movie and the Harley Quinn connection, I have no problem calling it a key, although a very minor one.

I just dont think anyone has to care for it to be a Key. Legends 3 was always a Key in the run because it was a first appearance. That made it different from the surrounding issues.

Doesnt matter who liked it or if it was hot or worth a lot of money.

Key, is a key, is a key. There has to be a reason or distinction about the book. Being HOT has nothing to do with it IMO.

I think more people around here need a clear distinction between

"KEY" and "HOT"

It seems key is the new hot.

Most books that get hot are keys. They were just relatively overlooked prior to heating up and are quite possibly inflated beyond their importance when they get hot.

But yes, there is a distinction between "key" and "hot" and "popular" that many people just can't seem to grasp.

Seems Marvel is intent on splitting up Peter and MJ so why would people be interested in the Wedding issue now. :screwy:

Maybe the divorce issue will become the next hot thing...

Maybe they realize that current Marvel is random disconnected garbage so they want something that isn't?

Seems Marvel is intent on splitting up Peter and MJ so why would people be interested in the Wedding issue now. :screwy:

Maybe they realize that current Marvel is random disconnected garbage so they want something that isn't?

Just finished reading the Wedding Annual & "random disconnected garbage" seems to fit it pretty well also. Why would Marvel have a big event marriage issue & assign Paul Ryan & Vince Colletta as the artists.

Here you go:

Sure, but don't you think "Moderns That Are Cooling Off" is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel? 99.9% of Modern Drek gets hot for 15 seconds, then dies off and is never heard from again.

I can't wait for the "MJ was really a clone/Skrull/evil twin/mind-swapped/etc." reveal - bet you never saw that coming.