• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Grown-ups? Puhleeze. I thought that's why you put your books in plastic in the first place. (Because you don't know how to grade.) :P
I can grade just fine. In fact, I'd say I'm pretty spot-on in the 9.4-9.8 range, for sure. I've offered my grading challenge to you multiple times, but you never accept it. I can grade, that's why I don't sell books which clearly aren't 9.8, as 9.8, on Ebay to unsuspecting buyers. I value my integrity above getting $20 for some modern copper book.

I think most people agree that you don't slab books because you know you aren't grading to CGC's standards. And if you're calling a book a 9.8 raw, then you are clearly insinuating that the book would be graded a 9.8 by CGC.

I'm not beating around the bush here. You've overgraded books on Ebay and not just in the typical margin of error or tight-grading CGC realm either. That is a fact.

For noobs:

Books of divad's I've had issues with before. Overgrading and lying to people in descriptions. I can't believe people still support him or give his raw auctions any credence whatsoever.

Man Who Laughs

Sandman 4

Divad overgrades and intentionally misleads buyer by claiming SSM #90 is the First Black Costume

Divad claims VOB book is a 9.9 in listing but doesn't get it slabbed.

Edited by Transplant

:blahblah:zzz No one cares what you think. You've never once listed a raw book with a grade. Period. All you sell is plastic, and I'm sure you have every one of them pre-screened. Over-priced junk, with signatures to boot. :grin:

:blahblah:zzz No one cares what you think. You've never once listed a raw book with a grade. Period. All you sell is plastic, and I'm sure you have every one of them pre-screened. Over-priced junk, with signatures to boot. :grin:

You're not very good at facts.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=8857321&Searchpage=1&Main=388955&Words=Wolverine+Transplant&topic=0&Search=true#Post8857321

You're not very good at facts.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=8857321&Searchpage=1&Main=388955&Words=Wolverine+Transplant&topic=0&Search=true#Post8857321

And you're not very good at grading. lol

I think most people agree that you don't slab books because you know you aren't grading to CGC's standards.

Wrong.

I've personally bought many raw 9.6/9.8 candidates from him in the past few years that ALL were up to CGC grading standards when I examined them in hand, and they all graded out at CGC at what he initially graded them at raw.

And btw, I don't troll you like you do me. In fact I only read your stoopid posts when they follow mine. :grin: Here's what I usually see from you:

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Toggle the display of this post

I think most people agree that you don't slab books because you know you aren't grading to CGC's standards.

Wrong.

I've personally bought many raw 9.6/9.8 candidates from him in the past few years that ALL were up to CGC grading standards when I examined them in hand, and they all graded out at CGC at what he initially graded them at raw.

You could end all of this "overgrade/spot on grade" junk by posting proof of this.

Wrong.

I'm glad you've had a good experience buying from him. My wording was off, I can't speak to what "most people" agree. Two responses. First, if you didn't buy them off eBay then I'm not sure you can compare how he's grading books or sale here vs. those listed on Ebay. Different audiences. Second, have you ever bought and had graded one of Divad's raw 9.9 books? I'd love to hear about that.

It's a legit sale. Was paid for and ships out today. Not our book--a consignment, sold by a regular long-time consignor.

Can you explain the duplicate listing of the same book? And subsequent ending of the duplicate book within 20 minutes of the other listing selling? Do you mind saying when these duplicate listings went up on Ebay?

When a consignor updates the price on a book, our eBay poster ends the previous listing and creates a new one. Price changed, old listing ended, new listing at the new price created, book sold. It's a normal sequence of events. In this case the buy it now was hit 20 minutes after the listing went up. That's quick, but not especially unusual, particularly if somebody is looking at stuff sorted by newest listed.

The buyer purchased four high-end Bat books from us as part of this order, with the books belonging to three different consignors. The buyer is in another country. If the buyer's just trying to put a data point into GPA, then he paid $20+ of international shipping and bought four pretty substantial books in order to do so.

It's a legit sale. Was paid for and ships out today. Not our book--a consignment, sold by a regular long-time consignor.

Can you explain the duplicate listing of the same book? And subsequent ending of the duplicate book within 20 minutes of the other listing selling? Do you mind saying when these duplicate listings went up on Ebay?

When a consignor updates the price on a book, our eBay poster ends the previous listing and creates a new one. Price changed, old listing ended, new listing at the new price created, book sold. It's a normal sequence of events. In this case the buy it now was hit 20 minutes after the listing went up. That's quick, but not especially unusual, particularly if somebody is looking at stuff sorted by newest listed.

The buyer purchased four high-end Bat books from us as part of this order, with the books belonging to three different consignors. The buyer is in another country. If the buyer's just trying to put a data point into GPA, then he paid $20+ of international shipping and bought four pretty substantial books in order to do so.

Thanks very much. Above and beyond what can be expected in the way of information. I think a couple of us were just surprised by what is a huge outlier sale. It's still weird that it would change price and sell the same day. But, based on what you've stated, it appears to be genuine. Thanks again.

Thanks very much. Above and beyond what can be expected in the way of information. I think a couple of us were just surprised by what is a huge outlier sale. It's still weird that it would change price and sell the same day. But, based on what you've stated, it appears to be genuine. Thanks again.

meh. I still smell a turd.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Ddark%2Bknight%2Breturns%2B4%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1077490

-J.

Wrong.

You could end all of this "overgrade/spot on grade" junk by posting proof of this.

:popcorn:

I think at this point, grading challenge is the way to go.

We've built the hype for long enough.

..... yes..... it's time for the "Texas Cage Match Grading SmackDown" :cloud9: ......pay per view, of course. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Wrong.

:popcorn:

This is silly. There's no reason to thin Illustrious isn't telling the truth. My point is, who cares? That doesn't change the fact that divad has a clear history of overgrading and misrepresenting books listed on Ebay.