• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

There was something satisfying about getting "something" in selling my old 360 games over the past few weeks. Cannot do that with a digital copy.
True, but I have three games in my cart right now, three games I REALLY wanted, a grand total of $24.50. These are new games, selling for $25-$30 each in stores. So the PS3 games I sold for between $5 and $15 last week, that I paid $50 each for a year or two prior, I'm fine losing that money on the tail end and not having to sell anything.

I just started playing Skyrim for the first time! :ohnoez:

There goes all of my free time!

You can get immersed in the game for a very, very long time. You should consider playing the preceding Elder Scrolls title, Oblivion, as well. Fantastic RPGs.

I found Oblivion harder to get into. A bit too much in depth in certain aspects than Skyrim

Oblivion was the first RPG I'd played since Final Fantasy 7, and I really enjoyed it. I was glad I persisted with it. You had to be quite careful with the levelling system ; Skyrim's is better. I do get what you mean when you compare the two Elder Scrolls games against each other, though.

I just started playing Skyrim for the first time! :ohnoez:

There goes all of my free time!

You can get immersed in the game for a very, very long time. You should consider playing the preceding Elder Scrolls title, Oblivion, as well. Fantastic RPGs.

I found Oblivion harder to get into. A bit too much in depth in certain aspects than Skyrim

Oblivion was the first RPG I'd played since Final Fantasy 7, and I really enjoyed it. I was glad I persisted with it. You had to be quite careful with the levelling system ; Skyrim's is better. I do get what you mean when you compare the two Elder Scrolls games against each other, though.

Oblivion is a fantastic game, but yeah, the leveling system, spells, and some side quests were just too much for me. Which is funny because I have searched out every little detail possible for Skyrim (250 hours and 15MB save later) and I have less than half this on Oblivion.

I felt like the combat system in Oblivion was chunky and boring. It made combat tedious and incredibly difficult. Like you mentioned, side quests were frustrating and hard to follow at times.

They improved a lot for Skyrim. Making combat two handed improved it ten fold. I also felt like the world felt more inviting and appealing. Skyrim was one of the few games that I really enjoyed just wondering for hours. It was neat when you'd get on top of a mountain and you could SEE for miles.

I've logged a TON of hours on Skyrim. I had all the achievements until they started adding all the DLC.

I've got my genesis, ps1, ps2 and ps3 to keep me occupied.

I have a free 14 day trail for PSN+ and I wasn't going to bother with it, but my better half gave me a pre order for Elderscrolls Online, so I am looking at getting it finally.

Anyone else with PSN+? Is it really worth $50 a year?

I'm kinda pissed at paying $80 or so for an online game to have to pay to play it on the PS4 as well.

I really don't see why everyone has to be so freaking greedy these days.

i would say yes because i been i PS+ member since day one, save a ton of money with some of the games i got and some of the games that you get for free are not bad at all, i got Bioshock Infinite for free being enjoying the game. plus if you are planning to buy a ps4 in the future & you are a PS+ you can go to the playstation store website log in go to the ps4 free PS+ games and click download or purschase, it would go into a download list once a ps4 system is link into the same account the game would start downloading.

I felt like the combat system in Oblivion was chunky and boring. It made combat tedious and incredibly difficult. Like you mentioned, side quests were frustrating and hard to follow at times.

They improved a lot for Skyrim. Making combat two handed improved it ten fold. I also felt like the world felt more inviting and appealing. Skyrim was one of the few games that I really enjoyed just wondering for hours. It was neat when you'd get on top of a mountain and you could SEE for miles.

I've logged a TON of hours on Skyrim. I had all the achievements until they started adding all the DLC.

This, not to mention sometimes finding easter eggs/surprises at the top of a mountain.

Like at the peak of the throat of the world where you get the notched pickaxe and some ebony ore

http://finestsquad.com/

These guys are the heroes we both need & deserve!

-slym

I wouldn't be so sure about that slim, Anonymous has said that members in Finest, are actually members in Lizard Squad. Also Lizard Squid claims it was only stopped, because they were payed off by Kim Dotcom when he gave them vouchers for his encryption upload service. PS4 is still down however, with LS still claiming their the cause, even with some members like Jordie, who Finest has claimed to have doxed, with his info on their website, making games like Destiny free to download.

dm1.jpg

I was able to get my games purchased, haven't tried downloading them yet. I'm not as worried about it now that I know I didn't miss out on the sale. Also I work the next couple days anyway. Good to hear it's getting fixed though.

Walking Dead seasons 1-2 and Battlefield 4 for $24.50 :D

Edited by dupont2005

Can't get PSN to load on my PS4 but I can on my computer, I just can't log in.

Was having trouble signing in last night also. Made me wish I had just stayed online while it was available for me.

Can't get PSN to load on my PS4 but I can on my computer, I just can't log in.
Reports say it should be back up by morning, and that its not LS doing it, but everybody trying to log in at once now.
yeah thats what i just read and it looks it was not just XBL or PSN but a lot of other gaming company networks were hit to stop online play also.

I'm still having issues on my XBox. I wasn't but now it is behaving oddly. It keeps saying I'm not logged in but meanwhile I am. It won't let me play Dragon Age anymore. I didn't have an issue till about 12 today.
i think both networks are going tohave problems for a few days.