• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Just checked and came back to report the same - hackers take responsibility for shutting everything down.

... what a move on the hacker's part and I hope something heavy falls on them, like a North Korean satellite. Me? I will simply do something else with my time.

However it IS Christmas and there are a LOT of kids unwrapping an X-Box or Playstation who finally got their big gift and would like to test it out. They may not understand that while Santa gave you a new gaming system, the hackers decided you cannot use it today.

Classless and move on Christmas. Doesn't today also mark the 100th anniversary of the Christmas Armistice? People cannot give it a rest for even one day a year?

Well said, there are a lot of dooshes out there who would be using the line "but they are corporate pirates bent on ruling the world" where you can reply "yes, but you take all the fun out of life by sitting on your azz and smoking pot instead of getting a job and making actual contributions to society"

Just my two cents,,,, lol

Anyone able to log in? Microsoft says it is over, but I still can't log in?

I cannot log in either.

I just got back to it and am dee-nied like Bill Nye the Science Guy.

I was able to log in about 3 hours ago, played for about an hour before we had to go

PSN is still down, not sure of Microsoft.

I am getting personal DDoS attacks as well, anyone else?

I'm on PSN now. Not to rub it in or anything. My brother never had problems getting online today.

I've got my genesis, ps1, ps2 and ps3 to keep me occupied.

I have a free 14 day trail for PSN+ and I wasn't going to bother with it, but my better half gave me a pre order for Elderscrolls Online, so I am looking at getting it finally.

Anyone else with PSN+? Is it really worth $50 a year?

I'm kinda pissed at paying $80 or so for an online game to have to pay to play it on the PS4 as well.

I really don't see why everyone has to be so freaking greedy these days.

I have a free 14 day trail for PSN+ and I wasn't going to bother with it, but my better half gave me a pre order for Elderscrolls Online, so I am looking at getting it finally.

I'm kinda pissed at paying $80 or so for an online game to have to pay to play it on the PS4 as well.

because $

because $

Yeah but you can easily burn that. Gimmie a sword. A carbon fiber sword, hand crafted by monks living behind a waterfall

because $

Yeah but you can easily burn that. Gimmie a sword. A carbon fiber sword, hand crafted by monks living behind a waterfall

Which is why I buy most of my games as physical copies aside from PC and 3DS. I never ordered PSN +, I do have Xbox Live but only because I have an Xbox One(and I'm too lazy to cancel it from my credit card). Oddly enough, I was up all night playing Dragon Age Inquisition and never once got kicked off XBL.

There was something satisfying about getting "something" in selling my old 360 games over the past few weeks. Cannot do that with a digital copy.

There was something satisfying about getting "something" in selling my old 360 games over the past few weeks. Cannot do that with a digital copy.

I still have every game I have ever bought. Mostly PS1 and 2 games.

I also with every game I have the game guide by either Brady Games or Squaresoft.

hm Wonder what that stuff is worth now....

The games, depends on a lot. The guides? Probably not much. There are a few choice guides that go for a premium(as far as guides go, Suikoden 2 comes to mind) but for your average Final Fantasy or Gran Turismo Guide, you would probably do best selling it with said game.

The games, depends on a lot. The guides? Probably not much. There are a few choice guides that go for a premium(as far as guides go, Suikoden 2 comes to mind) but for your average Final Fantasy or Gran Turismo Guide, you would probably do best selling it with said game.

I got the deluxe package for FFXII, the guide and concept art that came with the metal case was totally worth it IMO.

lol I think the most expensive guides I picked up were for Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. They were already 5 years old and still in shrink wrap. Thank you eBay

I still have every game I have ever bought. Mostly PS1 and 2 games.

I also with every game I have the game guide by either Brady Games or Squaresoft.

hm Wonder what that stuff is worth now....

Basically nothing (gaming guide) I sold one copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance two weeks ago. I had the Brady guide in NM to Mint condition. I looked it up on eBay and Half.com and just added it free of charge as a surprise since the last one went for 75 cents.

I just started playing Skyrim for the first time! :ohnoez:

There goes all of my free time!

You can get immersed in the game for a very, very long time. You should consider playing the preceding Elder Scrolls title, Oblivion, as well.

Fantastic RPGs.

I just started playing Skyrim for the first time! :ohnoez:

There goes all of my free time!

You can get immersed in the game for a very, very long time. You should consider playing the preceding Elder Scrolls title, Oblivion, as well. Fantastic RPGs.

I found Oblivion harder to get into. A bit too much in depth in certain aspects than Skyrim