• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

:eyeroll: Kim Dotcom....piece of human filth that he is. Anonamouse and Lizards....bunch of -script kiddies. Hell, majority of "hackers" are nothing more than a bunch of -script kiddies. No manners, no principles, no discipline. It's all gone to the sewer.

:eyeroll: Kim Dotcom....piece of human filth that he is. Anonamouse and Lizards....bunch of -script kiddies. Hell, majority of "hackers" are nothing more than a bunch of -script kiddies. No manners, no principles, no discipline. It's all gone to the sewer.
oOOoO.gif

So I have had an epic Xmas when it comes to gaming. I picked up a PS4 for $40 off with the Last Of Us Remastered bundle. I have played that on easy and easy+ already. I've found over half of the collectables and gotten a few trophies. I loved the side chapter, Left Behind. There is no denying the awesome acting this game had, not to mention the documentary after playing through the game. A bit dry, but informative. I haven't played it online yet, and I am not sure if I will.

670px-The-last-of-us-remastered.jpg

So one of my gifts from my better half was The Evil Within and another controller. I like having two controllers in case she wants to play with me, but mostly because I can have one charging while I play. It's not often I have to switch controllers, but it happens (I think I still put a lot of time into gaming without even realising it, last night being one of those nights)

The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg

This game is really creepy and has some suspenseful moments, but the controls are jittery and the camera angles are terrible. It is nowhere near as smooth as Skyrim and needs a good rehashing. I like that the battles aren't linear, but I recently learned that this is more of a shoot em up than a survival horror. Much to my disappointment. When are we going to get a RE type game that goes back to RE roots and not where 4,5 and 6 have left off? I haven't picked up Revelations, I am hoping I am missing out. Love to see Claire again....anyways onward we go.

Along with The Evil Within, my better half got me a pre order of The Elderscrolls Online. Can't wait to see if Bethesda will release this with huge bugs or actually give out a completed game for a change. I was very happy to hear the push back for consoles. PC games are much easier to fix and have beta tested on (thank you impatient, whiny, greasy loser gamers. You make it easier for the rest of us sometimes with your pedantic complaining)

And being the awesome part of my life, she got the mother in law to pick up GTA V and Alien Isolation.

Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png

Finding the little redeem coupons in each game was awesome. I hastily downloaded a cool million for this game, and died about 3 times in a row in the first 3 minutes and promptly ejected the disc from my system. I haven't played much GTA since San Andreas, and I had forgotten how long it takes to get used to the controls. I will give this game a real try some other time. (I was pretty drunk and shooter games are really hard when you're drunk)

alien-isolation-banner-1416009448.png

Which gives me the last choice of the night. If you are into survival horror and a fan of the Alien franchise, this is a no brainer. And with all honesty folks, I start games on the easy setting for a reason (as I have grown older, I am not as focused on the game and I tend to suck a lot more than I used to) and this game kept me enrapt for a solid 4 hours. I haven't had a holy mess moment with gaming in a long time, and there was a few of those. The graphics was great and the controls were intuitive and useful. There was no book in the case, just a redeem code to play as the original crew of the infamous Nostromo. So far this game is a pure gem and a delight to play. You can go as fast or as slow as you want with this game and still get the job done. If I have a complaint, it's that when you clear an objective and given another one to do, it's NEVER straight forward and there is ALWAYS something else that goes wrong. They should really mix it up a little. Make something that looks like it's going to be hard and make it so simple you second guess yourself. They do make the simple stuff a little too hard, but if you don't mind dying a few times to figure it out, well, that's part of the fun, isn't it?

Hope I haven't bored you guys with my review, but I haven't had a good sit down with video games for a long long time.

PM me your PSN ID if you would like!

So I have had an epic Xmas when it comes to gaming. I picked up a PS4 for $40 off with the Last Of Us Remastered bundle. I have played that on easy and easy+ already. I've found over half of the collectables and gotten a few trophies. I loved the side chapter, Left Behind. There is no denying the awesome acting this game had, not to mention the documentary after playing through the game. A bit dry, but informative. I haven't played it online yet, and I am not sure if I will.

670px-The-last-of-us-remastered.jpg

So one of my gifts from my better half was The Evil Within and another controller. I like having two controllers in case she wants to play with me, but mostly because I can have one charging while I play. It's not often I have to switch controllers, but it happens (I think I still put a lot of time into gaming without even realising it, last night being one of those nights)

The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg

This game is really creepy and has some suspenseful moments, but the controls are jittery and the camera angles are terrible. It is nowhere near as smooth as Skyrim and needs a good rehashing. I like that the battles aren't linear, but I recently learned that this is more of a shoot em up than a survival horror. Much to my disappointment. When are we going to get a RE type game that goes back to RE roots and not where 4,5 and 6 have left off? I haven't picked up Revelations, I am hoping I am missing out. Love to see Claire again....anyways onward we go.

Along with The Evil Within, my better half got me a pre order of The Elderscrolls Online. Can't wait to see if Bethesda will release this with huge bugs or actually give out a completed game for a change. I was very happy to hear the push back for consoles. PC games are much easier to fix and have beta tested on (thank you impatient, whiny, greasy loser gamers. You make it easier for the rest of us sometimes with your pedantic complaining)

And being the awesome part of my life, she got the mother in law to pick up GTA V and Alien Isolation.

Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png

Finding the little redeem coupons in each game was awesome. I hastily downloaded a cool million for this game, and died about 3 times in a row in the first 3 minutes and promptly ejected the disc from my system. I haven't played much GTA since San Andreas, and I had forgotten how long it takes to get used to the controls. I will give this game a real try some other time. (I was pretty drunk and shooter games are really hard when you're drunk)

alien-isolation-banner-1416009448.png

Which gives me the last choice of the night. If you are into survival horror and a fan of the Alien franchise, this is a no brainer. And with all honesty folks, I start games on the easy setting for a reason (as I have grown older, I am not as focused on the game and I tend to suck a lot more than I used to) and this game kept me enrapt for a solid 4 hours. I haven't had a holy mess moment with gaming in a long time, and there was a few of those. The graphics was great and the controls were intuitive and useful. There was no book in the case, just a redeem code to play as the original crew of the infamous Nostromo. So far this game is a pure gem and a delight to play. You can go as fast or as slow as you want with this game and still get the job done. If I have a complaint, it's that when you clear an objective and given another one to do, it's NEVER straight forward and there is ALWAYS something else that goes wrong. They should really mix it up a little. Make something that looks like it's going to be hard and make it so simple you second guess yourself. They do make the simple stuff a little too hard, but if you don't mind dying a few times to figure it out, well, that's part of the fun, isn't it?

Hope I haven't bored you guys with my review, but I haven't had a good sit down with video games for a long long time.

PM me your PSN ID if you would like!

i don't have a ps4 yet buy you can see my PSN ID on my signaure.

Wow kagenish you've got a lot of time gaming under your belt lol
i have had my ps3 since day one and a lot of the games i have competed were games that i really like but the easiest platinum i ever got was for Terminator Salvation.

I know this is out'ta left field, but I'm really hoping we get a DEAD SPACE 4 soon.

Were 2 and 3 good?

I loved 1, but I found it difficult to play 2. I usually play my games during the day and that was difficult with my little ones running around. The games are a bit scary for that.

I know this is out'ta left field, but I'm really hoping we get a DEAD SPACE 4 soon.

Were 2 and 3 good?

I loved 1, but I found it difficult to play 2. I usually play my games during the day and that was difficult with my little ones running around. The games are a bit scary for that.

2 is definitely better than 1, but I fou d they changed the formula a little too much for 3.

I thought DS 2 was excellent. Still creepy and claustrophobic like the first, with excellent graphics.

For many, the series derailed with DS 3, which was more a third-person shooter than survival horror, with an overabundance of ammo. The worst part about the game for me was a poor automatic checkpoint system, where there could be too long between saves and failure would lead to having to repeat time-consuming segments again.

If the creators learn from the mistakes they made in DS3 and return more to the previous gameplay - and the save station system, especially - then I'd like another go at the Necromorphs myself.

Great deal going on with Gamestop and Microsoft Store. Buy used PS3, XBOX 360, PS4 for around $1 and go take them to a Microsoft store to get $10 credit for each game. Limit 5 per person. Expires Jan 4th.

Unless of course you have old games you want to dump already..