• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Save yourself some time on GOW 3 and just play through on the hardest setting, it's way faster.

And as for demon and dark souls....those were hard lol

I start out with the best of intentions to get to 100%, but my attention deficit inevitably defeats me - very quickly.

I start out with the best of intentions to get to 100%, but my attention deficit inevitably defeats me - very quickly.

My problem is that most games have one or two trophies or achievements that are just tedious beyond belief. Time consuming is not a problem if you're having fun, and challenging trophies aren't a problem either, but when they're time consuming + tedious, it just isn't worth it to me. And so many games have at least one of these.

to me, its too much like work after a certain point in the game lol

I play to have fun, not to have a second job :juggle:

Over the years, this concept has started to make sense to me.... hm

Paticularly with my fighting games. ;)

to me, its too much like work after a certain point in the game lol

I play to have fun, not to have a second job :juggle:

Oh, I totally agree with that, pal !! lol

My problem is that most games have one or two trophies or achievements that are just tedious beyond belief. Time consuming is not a problem if you're having fun, and challenging trophies aren't a problem either, but when they're time consuming + tedious, it just isn't worth it to me. And so many games have at least one of these.

That's right. Combining tedium with ADD isn't a great combination, in my case. lol

Here are my sad stats. 129 games, 16.6% completion lol

And I only have 10 gold trophies and 1 plat, but over 1000 bronze which means I start a buttload of games but barely put a dent in them. According to the numbers, I average less than 10 trophies per game. :facepalm:

If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, feel free. (thumbs u

advocate918.png

lol

That's ok,not all of us have OCD :insane:

I have a type of OCD: I obsessively have to buy and try new games, which is why there are 134 on my card. :insane:

I'm trying to do better with the trophies. my goal is to get the plats for the Arkham games, God of War games, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Bayonetta, Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 3. I'll see you in 12 years. :facepalm:

Good luck getting Plat on the Arkham games.

The hardest trophy to get on those 2 games is the "Perfect Freeflow 2.0"

You have to use ALL of Batman's combat moves in one try :ohnoez:

(I just got so frustrated that I just gave up on it :frustrated: )

The free flow combo's are hard but if you can keep straight what you've done they're doable, keep in mind that dodging keeps the combo going, so you can keep avoiding if you get into trouble. Save the combat batarang for last, it can break a combo very easily.

Interesting. Being nintendos IP there cant be many. I would guess that the first likeness of mario printed in comics would be an ad for a mario product on an atari platform. I am pretty sure i have seen something like that before. Beyond that, Im not sure there would be any true story appearances at all until the valiant line.

That being said Im not sure marios first app in comics is really that significant an event 2c

Interesting. Being nintendos IP there cant be many. I would guess that the first likeness of mario printed in comics would be an ad for a mario product on an atari platform. I am pretty sure i have seen something like that before. Beyond that, Im not sure there would be any true story appearances at all until the valiant line.

I noticed the thread discussing Sonic's first appearance so I thought I'd see what Mario's was. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a book out there with Mario I it from the 80's, well prior to the Valiant books.

Its possible I guess but I eont think its a slam dunk. Console games were big business when sonic came out so a comic right away makes sense, but pre "super" mario nintendo made arcade games, game n watches, and a released a few games on atari consoles. Dont know that there would be a mario comic any more than there is a space invaders comic.

Tough to say. If there was I would think it was a real one off

Thx! Still Ive seen issues of blip before and I wouldnt call it a comic.

After all would a three page comic strip in Time mean that Time was a comic? Not sure what to make of this. I guess I'd call it a first comic app but not the first app 'in comics'

Thx! Still Ive seen issues of blip before and I wouldnt call it a comic.

After all would a three page comic strip in Time mean that Time was a comic? Not sure what to make of this. I guess I'd call it a first comic app but not the first app 'in comics'

What issue of Blip was that in. I have two issues of that Drek with the rest on my random want list. :sick: