• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing comic now turned up on eBay, seller silver-acre. Help

338 posts in this topic

I will say this, trying to think like a bad guy: if I had somehow come into possession of a stolen, valuable comic I wanted to move, I would def. try and sell it to Silver or Robo or some other villain with a bad reputation, relying on people to jump to reasonably fair conclusions and letting the trail of guilt end there.

:bump:

Any updates? I was just wondering if the authorities have identified the individual who actually stole the book and/or how it was stolen from the postal system.

:popcorn:

I really hope slabbed comics aren't somehow being targeted by individuals within the postal system itself - the same way they are being targeted at shows.

My biggest concern about all this is how did whoever stole the comic know what it was? Why did they choose that package.

Any updates? I was just wondering if the authorities have identified the individual who actually stole the book and/or how it was stolen from the postal system.

I really hope slabbed comics aren't somehow being targeted by individuals within the postal system itself - the same way they are being targeted at shows.

My biggest concern about all this is how did whoever stole the comic know what it was? Why did they choose that package.

Maybe they knew how much it was insured for.

If it's going to a different country it has to have a customs slip that says what the item is,and how much it's insured for.

It always worries me having expensive, insured books going to a different country with that dang customs form stating the value.

When i bought my Avengers 1 from Roy, he sent it to me Registered mail. It went to Buffalo and then NOTHING. Like 10 days later, no updates and no book. All anyone at the PO could tell me was "We have no idea where it is but we've never heard of a Registered package being lost".

Considering the price, that wasn't a huge relief to me. Thank god the book ended up arriving safe and sound with no problems other than the delay.

Hopefully Doug and Joseph get a good resolution out of this whole freaking mess! :wishluck:

It always worries me having expensive, insured books going to a different country with that dang customs form stating the value.

When i bought my Avengers 1 from Roy, he sent it to me Registered mail. It went to Buffalo and then NOTHING. Like 10 days later, no updates and no book. All anyone at the PO could tell me was "We have no idea where it is but we've never heard of a Registered package being lost".

Considering the price, that wasn't a huge relief to me. Thank god the book ended up arriving safe and sound with no problems other than the delay.

Hopefully Doug and Joseph get a good resolution out of this whole freaking mess! :wishluck:

That's actually normal for registered mail from what I know.

They only track (online) when it ships and when it arrives.

That's actually normal for registered mail from what I know.

They only track (online) when it ships and when it arrives.

true, but it was WAY late. Obviously, it wasnt any fault of yours and i was probably stressing needlessly. That was a pretty big purchase for me money wise though but even more so a book i really, REALLY wanted so waiting around while no one at the PO had a clue where it was definitely stressed me out. What made it worse was like i said, knowing it had that customs form on it stating the value. I never like people knowing how valuable something i am shipping is (shrug)