• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing comic now turned up on eBay, seller silver-acre. Help

338 posts in this topic

Daryl - I strongly suggest that you stop worrying about "clearing your name" and just cooperate with retrieving the book as soon as possible.

Clearly this whole thing could have been handled in a less confusing way, but let's leave that aside for the moment. Without meaning to sound patronising, this is a big opportunity for you to claw back a small amount of goodwill. I would take advantage of it if I were you.

+1

Now there's a pretty ambitious project, well beyond what's being discussed here. Cry wolf, decades too late, no one here really believes that's remotely feasible, even if this conflict ends up being resolved.

It is very difficult to like this thread as much as I do considering the OP's loss, this thread replaced Cal's on my must read daily.

Just so everyone knows the OP has been fully compensated for the book. Even though he had me under insure it for customs fees I have refunded him the full purchase amount out of pocket. As I am now dealing with my insurance and law enforcement here on my end to get everything settled. I didnt feel that it was right for him to wait while everything was being sorted out.

Lesson learned I hope.

It is very difficult to like this thread as much as I do considering the OP's loss, this thread replaced Cal's on my must read daily.

Just so everyone knows the OP has been fully compensated for the book. Even though he had me under insure it for customs fees I have refunded him the full purchase amount out of pocket. As I am now dealing with my insurance and law enforcement here on my end to get everything settled. I didnt feel that it was right for him to wait while everything was being sorted out.

That says alot about your character. (worship)

I bought a big silver key from Doug and his service was impeccable. Great to see you made the buyer whole. I just hope you get some restitution.

not four days five days,, proberley dont make any difference

5 days and you decide to trade the thing on against eBay rules and leaving you $250 out of pocket in eBay fees? Yeah right.

I don't believe you. Especially since Joseph said he never heard from you. You are a scourge on comic collecting in the UK what with this thread, the Bolland thread, the bait and switches, the Batman 1 deal you backed out of, your over grading, rude behavior to customers, the list goes on.

So according to Daryl he traded this book locally, even after:

1. he received an ebay order for the book at his full buy it now price,

2. which was well over market value and

3. $750 over (possibly more, as it was a best offer and best offers have not been recorded properly on ebay recently) the last sale of the same book 9 days previous.

4. he would be required to pay ebay final value fees in excess of $200 if the buyer did not let him cancel the transaction

This was 4 days (not 5 as he claims (he obviously counts as well as he writes)) after the buy it now was hit and well under the 7 days he implies is acceptable in the auction.

If you are going to need more than 7 days after the end of the auction please email to confirm that it is acceptable before bidding.

That's very nice of you. Its just for reasons like that i no longer ship outside the US. Many buyers want you to do something a little funky due to customs and it can result in being on the hook for quite a bit of cash like in this instance. Personally i think the buyer should offer to eat the difference in compensation being as it was his idea to under insure i know i would.

That's very nice of you. Its just for reasons like that i no longer ship outside the US. Many buyers want you to do something a little funky due to customs and it can result in being on the hook for quite a bit of cash like in this instance. Personally i think the buyer should offer to eat the difference in compensation being as it was his idea to under insure i know i would.

Not to take anything away from Doug, but I paid with the context of the item being shipped via FedEx but it was sent via usps express. No one could have predicted this thing to happen but I would imagine this thing occurring would have been slim if shipped via a private company instead of going through government postal services. I offered to split any rewards payment for return of the comic.

I guess it was this book then?

TOS #39

yes it was,

good to see everyone ripping Geoffreys Comics to bits

or doesn't that matter >

Well when I contacted Geoffreys comics they were helpful and provided me with the ID and Address of the seller of the book. They also agreed to help in anyway possible. Where on the flip side Silver-acre seems more interested in telling me that he no longer has the book, does not know who has it, and is asking that this post be deleted before he spends anymore time on the subject.

I just find it hard to believe that someone would take a book to a con and trade it away after it had just been purchased on ebay 5 days prior. What was he expecting to do if Jo had paid for the book?

That's very nice of you. Its just for reasons like that i no longer ship outside the US. Many buyers want you to do something a little funky due to customs and it can result in being on the hook for quite a bit of cash like in this instance.

That's a bit unfair as there are also many overseas buyers who do not ask for something a bit funky due to customs and if someone does ask, then the seller can always say no.

That's very nice of you. Its just for reasons like that i no longer ship outside the US. Many buyers want you to do something a little funky due to customs and it can result in being on the hook for quite a bit of cash like in this instance.

That's a bit unfair as there are also many overseas buyers who do not ask for something a bit funky due to customs and if someone does ask, then the seller can always say no.

+1

Darryl can help in clearing his name by acting ethically at minimum.

total agreement.

never delt with them and the way this was/is being handled, never will. cant wait for a new dscott sales thread now, hes been pure class on this and hope to buy many books from him.

I have bought 3 times from Doug - first class all the way - recommend 110%.

But you all knew that anyway ;)

maybe but i got asked enough times i got itred of it. now maybe i could be talked into shipping outside by the right buyer.

That says alot about your character. (worship)

Thanks Oak (worship) its only money that comes and goes a reputation lasts a life time. Though I doubt ill be under insuring anymore packages. Its much easier to deal with USPS insurance than my private company. So much tape to cut through when a book goes lost in the mail with them.

.....overseas insurance through USPS to MANY countries is limited to a max that doesn't cover the full value of many of the items that change hands on the boards. Most of my overseas books an agreement is made to split the loss between buyer and seller. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. dscott is 110 % awesome in this particular case.....BRAVO.