• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Absolutes, Omnibuses, Oversize, Special Editions discussion thread

374 posts in this topic

I've read the whole run of the Stand. I never read the book, though. The comic was very enjoyable.

Do yourself a favor and read the book.

Yes, King at his best.

Then watch the TV series with Gary Sinise and think "that was good but could have been loads better".

In fact, now that I think about it, aren't we well past time for a remake with the current mania for post-apocalyptic fiction?

Also loved the Stand mini series.

Imagine if it was remade today in an 8-10 part series on AMC, or Showtime? Yes, please

Think that I saw something the other day that they are making a new movie series in three or four parts with Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flagg or maybe it waas Stu. http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/226946/stephen-kings-the-stand-is-getting-a-big-hollywood-remake-lets-imagine-the-perfect-cast/

I've got a lot of these, surprisingly. They look awesome on the bookshelf alongside the oversized hardcovers.

Absolute Authority Vol 1 & 2 (1st printings)

Absolute Planetary Vol 1 & 2 (1st printings)

Absolute Dark Knight

Absolute CoIE (with George Perez sign & sketch on the inside cover)

Absolute LoEG Vol 1 & 2 (1st printings)

Absolute Batman: Hush

Absolute Watchmen (1st printing)

New X-Men Omnibus

Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 1 (the one that starts at GSXM1, original printing)

Alias Omnibus (original printing)

Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus (original printing)

Captain America Omnibus (Brubaker vol 1)

DD Omnibus (Frank Miller/Klaus Janson)

Complete Rising Stars (slipcase HC)

I am kinda sad that I sold off my Absolute Sandman (1-3) and more sad that I don't have my original printing Walking Dead Omnibus anymore.

Is there any way to know (the liklihood of) whether they will reprint particular omnibii? Fantastic Four Vol 2 is going for stupid money last I looked and is not something I can pick up for example. They have reprinted a couple that I know of but certainly not all.

Fantastic Four Vol 2 is going for stupid money last I looked and is not something I can pick up for example.

This one?

Before the reprint it was a $300 book.

I know.....just pointing out it's been reprinted if that's the one he's talking about, since there's more than one FF Vol 2 (John Byrne, Jonathan Hickman, etc.)

I've got a few new ones since this thread was last updated. When I have some time I'll do a couple of new updates - and in the meantime if anyone else wants to do so, that would be great (list of what's currently here is in the first post in the thread).

One that stands out is the absolutely gigantic Little Nemo: Dream Another Dream that was Kickstarted a while ago. That thing is huge - will put pictures up shortly.