• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Dringenberg - :-(

722 posts in this topic

also looks like he had a full book area to sign and he decided to write on the blue tape also. sheesh

That is the first thing I noticed and was thinking man that sucks. All that space and he cut the sig off on the tape. :( Then I saw To eBay :tonofbricks:

Sorry Sean. I can't believe that someone would do this. Why not just refuse to sign instead of ruining someones property.

Got to teach those speculators a lesson.

I just got back from ECCC. Had a blast hanging out with my pal Kenny Powers. This incident was fortunately/unfortunately the one downer. What sucks is that I got a commission from Dringenberg and he could NOT HAVE BEEN COOLER with me. I don't know what set him off here. Maybe he's gotten burned in the past (or felt he had). Whatever the case, no excuses for what happened here.

I've reached out to his art rep. Although he handles only art matters for Dringenberg, and wasn't at the show, he will look into this. It's unfair to dump this on him, but he's a great guy, and I know he'll do his best to make this right.

Going forward, might be a good idea for convention organizers to make all creators aware of SS and what it means. Creators can then decide whether or not to charge for sigs. I think it would be a smart move for everyone. If someone walks up with a beat up/well-loved tpb, odds are, this is a fan who just wants an autograph. If someone walks up with a window bag and a witness, then charge away. $5/$10/$20...whatever the market will bear. Do it for charity or keep it. From a financial standpoint, an easy way to boost the bottom line for the weekend. Most artists are already selling prints and sketchbooks anyway for the extra income. Who knows, maybe they'll actually LIKE seeing window bags and witnesses when they know they'll be getting paid.

Hope there's a positive resolution to this, one way or another.

I've reached out to his art rep. Although he handles only art matters for Dringenberg, and wasn't at the show, he will look into this. It's unfair to dump this on him, but he's a great guy, and I know he'll do his best to make this right.

:applause:

removed, meant to be a PM

I was in the middle or qoute replying,

"Now THAT is how you spam a thread" ;)

Nah, was meant to be a PM to Sean, I wouldn't do that to one of his threads.

When I do get what I deleted from this thread going, there will be spam, but self-generated and no thread-crapping. ;)

I just got back from ECCC. Had a blast hanging out with my pal Kenny Powers. This incident was fortunately/unfortunately the one downer. What sucks is that I got a commission from Dringenberg and he could NOT HAVE BEEN COOLER with me. I don't know what set him off here. Maybe he's gotten burned in the past (or felt he had). Whatever the case, no excuses for what happened here.

Going forward, might be a good idea for convention organizers to make all creators aware of SS and what it means. Creators can then decide whether or not to charge for sigs. I think it would be a smart move for everyone. If someone walks up with a beat up/well-loved tpb, odds are, this is a fan who just wants an autograph. If someone walks up with a window bag and a witness, then charge away. $5/$10/$20...whatever the market will bear. Do it for charity or keep it. From a financial standpoint, an easy way to boost the bottom line for the weekend. Most artists are already selling prints and sketchbooks anyway for the extra income. Who knows, maybe they'll actually LIKE seeing window bags and witnesses when they know they'll be getting paid.

Hope there's a positive resolution to this, one way or another.

Well said. That's what I do with Bolland. All the information is upfront. He doesn't feel taken advantage of, he feels more empowered by it and happy to sign books for CGC, happy to leave time to take care of those responsibility. Everyone's happy, no one gets hurt, no one gets a dong drawn on their comics (even if they want one), and this kind of junk doesn't happen.

I am sad to hear that I cannot get a dong sketch from Brian Bolland. Thanks for nothing.

I, however, am working on one for you right now.

I am sad to hear that I cannot get a dong sketch from Brian Bolland. Thanks for nothing.

I, however, am working on one for you right now.

Pfffft, dong sketches are so passe. Plaster castings are where it's at.

Bendis once signed an entire longbox of books for one guy at Detroit and then sincerely thanked the guy for buying his books and supporting his career.

That is how a pro does it.

Well said sir.

Bendis once signed an entire longbox of books for one guy at Detroit and then sincerely thanked the guy for buying his books and supporting his career.

That is how a pro does it.

Yeah I witnessed some of that with Kirkman last year at ECCC. HUGE line.

People had every tpb. or every HC, or short boxes of issues, and yes, even window bagged comics.

Kirkman signed EVERYTHING. And he did it with a smile.

2+ hours of his life that he gave back to the fans for supporting him.

That's a pro.

Late posting in an epic thread!

:whee:

B-hole.

-font-b-B-b-font-foot-font-b-Flute-b-font-Open-hole-FS-212_zps6df6a554.jpeg

The only one he plays is made entirely of epidermis.

removed, meant to be a PM

I was in the middle or qoute replying,

"Now THAT is how you spam a thread" ;)

Nah, was meant to be a PM to Sean, I wouldn't do that to one of his threads.

When I do get what I deleted from this thread going, there will be spam, but self-generated and no thread-crapping. ;)

I was glad I got to read it. :foryou:

Good luck on the book and I'll be looking for it.