• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Dringenberg - :-(

722 posts in this topic

Still if asked not to be personalized the artist should not start personalizing at random. Handler at least should have pulled the remaining books after the first one was done. Or at least look at the backing board to see if customer name was on it.

+1 Most prepped books have names on the back, so this shouldn't of happened. Especially from a stack of four books :screwy:

This is not on the people that had my book.

I agree 100%. What I'm saying is that the information was likely available to Douchenberg but he took the path traveled by many a tool

and there is butthurt.

Where there is butthurt, there is a chance for growth, but there is also a chance of complete anal prolapse all over the forums. Nobody wants that,

Example:

LUVAFLOOF.jpg

Jimmy's a good guy

OK, OK, I'll play nice, then. I thought maybe he was another Muscleshark...When I gave him my phone number on these forums, I didn't realize one could spew so many epithets in one breath as he did. It was rather impressive.

Don't let one opinion sway your from what your eyes see, your ears hear, and your common sense screams at you.

^^

It's time for wannabe MC Chris V John Stewart, battle of the .gifs!

o-face-o.gif

f-you.gif

This thread has quickly become one of my favorite threads of all time.

I have higher expectations. Until Mike Dirgenfurger shows up, this thread is common at best.

I just got off the phone with Dringenberg's art rep. He's read the thread. No promises, but he's going to try to figure out a way to make up for the sigs. It won't make up for the books, but hopefully it will make a bad situation better. Best of luck to all.

I don't know if everyone missed this, but THANKS to Felix for taking the time and effort. :applause:

I just think cgc ing books is to increase value. That can't be argued.

Actually, it can be argued. I've seen plenty of books where, knowing what the sig and slab fees and facilitator fees costs, there's no way value is being added. In fact, many SS books are lucky to break even for the extra expense of SS vs. regular blue label. Not a majority, but many.

Well let's use sandman 1 as an example....

How about Sandman #6? That was the book actually defaced.

Ok.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=19082&lotNo=12453

There are no signature series copys of this book and a 9.8 sells for about $30.

I'm sure having a graded signed copy of #6 and being the only one on the census would not increase the value of this book at all. -

You know what, just call me, I'll buy it off you and sell it for $400 when it comes back from CGC.

I'm sure thats a much different plan than what the 4 facilitators at Mike's table at the time of the instance had in mind ...

Of course that if you phone that toll free number and they don't want it. Than I'd be all over it.

I just got off the phone with Dringenberg's art rep. He's read the thread. No promises, but he's going to try to figure out a way to make up for the sigs. It won't make up for the books, but hopefully it will make a bad situation better. Best of luck to all.

I don't know if everyone missed this, but THANKS to Felix for taking the time and effort. :applause:

I hope he does make up for that "sig"

I have to leave for the afternoon, and just in case I miss anyone of importance showing up, I will pre-register the following responses to:

"Mind your own business, Dr. Balls. I bet you're not even a real doctor."

Dr. Balls Automated Reponse: I am a doctor, just ask your mom.

- - - - - - - - - -

"I'm a professional and you don't know what you're talking about"

Dr. Balls Automated Reponse: True, I don't actually work here - but I am a consultant.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Go back to the basement and take up your tweeterpages and youface internet sites, you geeks and nerds "

Dr. Balls Automated Reponse: I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

- - - - - - - - - -

"I'm sick and tired of everyone on the internet giving attitude about things they don't know anything about - like signing books for stinky people wedged into too-tight cosplay costumes."

Dr. Balls Automated Reponse: That sounds reasonable...Time to up my medication.

Actually, it can be argued. I've seen plenty of books where, knowing what the sig and slab fees and facilitator fees costs, there's no way value is being added. In fact, many SS books are lucky to break even for the extra expense of SS vs. regular blue label. Not a majority, but many.

Ok.

I'm sure having a graded signed copy of #6 and being the only one on the census would not increase the value of this book at all. -

You know what, just call me, I'll buy it off you and sell it for $400 when it comes back from CGC.

I'm sure thats a much different plan than what the 4 facilitators at Mike's table at the time of the instance had in mind ...

Of course that if you phone that toll free number and they don't want it. Than I'd be all over it.

How about I get it signed and you commit to buying it for $300? Then you can make some money and I can too. The point, which you're so gleefully ignoring, is that many SS books aren't done to flip and would be a negligible gain to a loss, if attempted.

Ok.

How about I get it signed and you commit to buying it for $300? Then you can make some money and I can too. The point, which you're so gleefully ignoring, is that many SS books aren't done to flip and would be a negligible gain to a loss, if attempted.

Many being 10%.

Please don't act like CGC didn't add the Signature Series portion of their business to sell autographs - that is EXACTLY what it is. Get a book signed, sell it for a premium, have a one of a kind book, even more of a premium.

Get your books done on your own with a witness and don't rely on handlers and all of this could have been avoided.

Or not having a 4 facilitators at his table holding preped books probably would have helped as well.

Or heres an idea, don't window bag your books.

Ok.

I look at this beautiful series of nested quotes and can't help but think to myself that Mike must have some yard work that must be done instead of these replies.

Many being 10%.

Please don't act like CGC didn't add the Signature Series portion of their business to sell autographs - that is EXACTLY what it is. Get a book signed, sell it for a premium, have a one of a kind book, even more of a premium.

Get your books done on your own with a witness and don't rely on handlers and all of this could have been avoided.

Or not having a 4 facilitators at his table holding preped books probably would have helped as well.

There's so much dumb in this post.

To bad could not color over the eBay into a gold box then go back the next day & get the guy to sign in the box in black sharpie with your name. Would look weird yes, but show the guy that book was for an actual fan.

Crappy thing to do though guy should have at least asked for name to personalize instead of putting eBay.

The guy who had Sean's books likely didn't know that they belonged to Sean (I was with him and I didn't know that they were Sean's books). Mike did ask who he should make the books out to and they guy asked him not to personalize the books. Mike then proceeded to attack books. I was lucky enough to get my books as far away as possible when this happened.

As messed up as this sounds, Sean sort of lucked out. The guy who had Sean's books had one that mike made out "to Harley" even though the guy's name isn't Harley.

good reason to write your name/address in sharpie on the back of your prepped books- not only helps the facilitators keep em straight, but easy enough to show anyone who might get an inflated sense of self-importance who they're being signed for...

Ok.

I look at this beautiful series of nested quotes and can't help but think to myself that Mike must have some yard work that must be done instead of these replies.

I pay somebody. To nest my quotes and tend my yard.

Jimmy,

I was hoping to meet you at ECCC. When I told my son that I know a white rapper named Jimmy Linguini and he was going to be at the show, he and my wife called BS on me and I had to pull up one of your posts on my I-phone and show it to them to prove it.

I'm not calling you names. And I have hundreds of SS books. So believe me when I tell you that I didn't get them signed to add value. Transplant is right. Many of my modern SS Wolverines and X-Men aren't worth much more than a blue label - maybe $5-10. Maybe. And when you count in the cost of 9.8 books dropping to 9.6 and having to be replaced. I know I'm losing money.

Some of my SS books are worth more than the extra cost but not many moderns unless by top and/or rare creators.

I get them signed because I love the challenge of collecting uber-HG SS runs. I like meeting the creators when I can. It gives me something extra about the book.

Steve

Many being 10%.

There's so much dumb in this post.

almost as dumb as creating a theoretical situation where I buy a book off you.

Jimmy,

I was hoping to meet you at ECCC. When I told my son that I know a white rapper named Jimmy Linguini and he was going to be at the show, he and my wife called BS on me and I had to pull up one of your posts on my I-phone and show it to them to prove it.

I'm not calling you names. And I have hundreds of SS books. So believe me when I tell you that I didn't get them signed to add value. Transplant is right. Many of my modern SS Wolverines and X-Men aren't worth much more than a blue label - maybe $5-10. Maybe. And when you count in the cost of 9.8 books dropping to 9.6 and having to be replaced. I know I'm losing money.

Some of my SS books are worth more than the extra cost but not many moderns unless by top and/or rare creators.

I get them signed because I love the challenge of collecting uber-HG SS runs. I like meeting the creators when I can. It gives me something extra about the book.

Steve

10 percent keep never to sell. Most still sell when times are hard.

Ok.

lol

Reasoning with the unreasonable. :ohnoez:

I think Ryan is a really cool guy. I mentioned the sale for a point.

Chase signatures don't chase signatures - don't get mad if a professional thinks you're a bag.

you're doing an amazing job continuing to post on this thread for someone who said they were done reading it.

if an artist wants $ for a sig, great!

if he'll sign for free, great!

doesn't want to sign, bummer. but whatever.

BUT if he's going to write snarky comments on books he hasn't been paid to sign that he suspects are going to go to ebay, he just needs to either not sign those at all or put up a sign that says "pay me or i vandalize your stuff".