• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Dringenberg - :-(

722 posts in this topic

I just got off the phone with Dringenberg's art rep. He's read the thread. No promises, but he's going to try to figure out a way to make up for the sigs. It won't make up for the books, but hopefully it will make a bad situation better. Best of luck to all.

You guys are getting signatures to add value to the book.

I have a SS FF#20, with a fan letter from George R.R. Martin...signed by him. Does it add market value? Probably. Am I going to sell it? Hell no. It adds value to ME. I've been a fan of his for years, and when he mentioned in one of his short story collections that his 'first published work' was a fan letter to FF #20, I thought getting him to sign a copy of that issue would be a key for me.

To keep.

gumbo_zps573efdac.jpg

I phoned you?

No, you didin't, a cat with the moniker 'Muscleshark' did. Reading comprehension is key.

I had this brainstorm.

Sean call this number, I'm sure they're interested in the book.

This is cgc forum gold

The first time wasn't funny. The second time was less funny.

I gave a phone number of someone very interested in buying the book.

I don't understand why that's being ignored.

and there is butthurt.

Where there is butthurt, there is a chance for growth, but there is also a chance of complete anal prolapse all over the forums. Nobody wants that,

Example:

LUVAFLOOF.jpg

Jimmy's a good guy

OK, OK, I'll play nice, then. I thought maybe he was another Muscleshark...When I gave him my phone number on these forums, I didn't realize one could spew so many epithets in one breath as he did. It was rather impressive.

I phoned you?

Wasn't Ryan holding like 20 widowed books? Isn't he the same guy who was selling a number 1 sandman for almost a grand?

That's why I don't think it's such a big deal.

You guys are getting signatures to add value to the book. If you plan on keeping it or not that's the cgc game.

It happened. It's over.

I was holding 20 windowed bags, only 2 of which were mine. I also "asked" for 1k for a sandman 1 (I certainly didn't get or expect that price). I was also incredibly open with Sam Kieth that I was getting books signed for CGC and donated to HERO initiative per Sam's wishes. That being said, I have a copy of Sandman 1 that Sam (and another guy who's kind of a big deal) signed that will stay in my collection for a long, long time. Like Sean, I have no problem moving under copies, but a lot of sigs that I chase are obtained with the goal of landing at least 1 9.8 SS copy of a book that I want to keep.

I also had $200 in hand ready for Mike per instructions from Rich and was more than happy to pay for the books getting signed and was instructed to make sure that Mike got paid. I didn't have Sean's book. What happened to Sean's book is a big deal. That's not right. If Mike took issue, he shouldn't have signed the book. I am happy that you have found someone who's interested in the book. Please PM Sean with that info.

You are right, I do add signatures to books to add value. I have also never hesitated to pay/donate/etc whenever it's been requested. Most people affected by the situation are similar minded. The guy who was holding Sean's book? I saw him drop several hundred dollars in artist signature fees and donations to HERO for sigs. He would have paid Mike in an instant.

I'm happy that you got back to Canada safely. It was awesome to meet you!

I think Ryan is a really cool guy. I mentioned the sale for a point.

I just think cgc ing books is to increase value. That can't be argued.

Chase signatures don't chase signatures - don't get mad if a professional thinks you're a bag.

Chase signatures don't chase signatures - don't get mad if a professional thinks you're a bag.

He's free to think Sean is a bag. I'm sure you can tell us more stories of how being treated like a bag sucks. But whether he thinks Sean's a bag or not, he shouldn't have mutilated the book. Refuse to sign it. Ask for $300 to sign it. Whatever, but don't deface it.

I'm not a professional, but I still think you're a *spoon* bag - does that count?

A professional *spoon* bag?

He's free to think Sean is a bag. I'm sure you can tell us more stories of how being treated like a bag sucks. But whether he thinks Sean's a bag or not, he shouldn't have mutilated the book. Refuse to sign it. Ask for $300 to sign it. Whatever, but don't deface it.

Also, I have been certified as an asscrinkle, fartknocker and peckerslapper, but I have never passed the certification test for full blown person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. 3rd time is a charm, though? :wishluck:

Also, I have been certified as an asscrinkle, fartknocker and peckerslapper, but I have never passed the certification test for full blown person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. 3rd time is a charm, though? :wishluck:

Maybe there are lessons you could take, buttdumpling. (shrug)

I'll help you out with it. No charge.

Thanks for the kind words.

I think that the argument isn't whether it's ok for a pro to think that I suck or not. I'm sure many see me with stacks and want me to die. However, I have no problem with someone telling me to f off. All someone needs to do is tell me that they don't do CGC (they can even yell at me) and I will respect their wishes. That is all.

I certainly have faith you will master it.

Thanks for the kind words.

I think that the argument isn't whether it's ok for a pro to think that I suck or not. I'm sure many see me with stacks and want me to die. However, I have no problem with someone telling me to f off. All someone needs to do is tell me that they don't do CGC (they can even yell at me) and I will respect their wishes. That is all.

Modern variant speculator.