• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Dringenberg - :-(

722 posts in this topic

I think Ryan is a really cool guy. I mentioned the sale for a point.

I just think cgc ing books is to increase value. That can't be argued.

Chase signatures don't chase signatures - don't get mad if a professional thinks you're a bag.

He's free to think Sean is a bag. I'm sure you can tell us more stories of how being treated like a bag sucks. But whether he thinks Sean's a bag or not, he shouldn't have mutilated the book. Refuse to sign it. Ask for $300 to sign it. Whatever, but don't deface it.

Also, I have been certified as an asscrinkle, fartknocker and peckerslapper, but I have never passed the certification test for full blown person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. 3rd time is a charm, though? :wishluck:

Maybe there are lessons you could take, buttdumpling. (shrug)

It's shameless, the way you two flirt.

Chase signatures don't chase signatures - don't get mad if a professional thinks you're a bag.

He's free to think Sean is a bag. I'm sure you can tell us more stories of how being treated like a bag sucks. But whether he thinks Sean's a bag or not, he shouldn't have mutilated the book. Refuse to sign it. Ask for $300 to sign it. Whatever, but don't deface it.

Also, I have been certified as an asscrinkle, fartknocker and peckerslapper, but I have never passed the certification test for full blown person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. 3rd time is a charm, though? :wishluck:

There's room for a pituitary freak cleft chin knuckle dragger in the mystery machine.

Thanks for the kind words.

I think that the argument isn't whether it's ok for a pro to think that I suck or not. I'm sure many see me with stacks and want me to die. However, I have no problem with someone telling me to f off. All someone needs to do is tell me that they don't do CGC (they can even yell at me) and I will respect their wishes. That is all.

Modern variant speculator.

Takes one to know one... I saw you following Jeff Li around :-) (or did I not see that and now appear even dumber than I usually do). :-)

Edited to add smiley face, peops

Actually, it can be argued. I've seen plenty of books where, knowing what the sig and slab fees and facilitator fees costs, there's no way value is being added. In fact, many SS books are lucky to break even for the extra expense of SS vs. regular blue label. Not a majority, but many.

There's room for a pituitary freak cleft chin knuckle dragger in the mystery machine.

Cleft chin, yes. Knuckle dragger, possible. Pituitary freak? Only compared to you two. "Damn it feels good to be a gansta."

I think that the argument isn't whether it's ok for a pro to think that I suck or not. I'm sure many see me with stacks and want me to die. However, I have no problem with someone telling me to f off. All someone needs to do is tell me that they don't do CGC (they can even yell at me) and I will respect their wishes. That is all.

Takes one to know one... I saw you following Jeff Li around :-) (or did I not see that and now appear even dumber than I usually do). :-)

I forwarded the books to my financial backer, Joey

Actually, it can be argued. I've seen plenty of books where, knowing what the sig and slab fees and facilitator fees costs, there's no way value is being added. In fact, many SS books are lucky to break even for the extra expense of SS vs. regular blue label. Not a majority, but many.

Well let's use sandman 1 as an example....

It's pretty much a party up in this piece, now.

If only we knew someone who could rap... hm

Nobody in this thread. That's for damn sure.

How about Sandman #6? That was the book actually defaced.

Cleft chin, yes. Knuckle dragger, possible. Pituitary freak? Only compared to you two. "Damn it feels good to be a gansta."

Well....yeah.

I forwarded the books to my financial backer, Joey

:-) I like it when Joey plays the moderns game

Or you could use this one:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=7307&GSub=629

Or you could use this one:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=7307&GSub=629

Ugh. You have OCD. Or something. Do we need to do an intervention or would CGC's financial house collapse?

and there is butthurt.

Where there is butthurt, there is a chance for growth, but there is also a chance of complete anal prolapse all over the forums. Nobody wants that,

Example:

LUVAFLOOF.jpg

Jimmy's a good guy

OK, OK, I'll play nice, then. I thought maybe he was another Muscleshark...When I gave him my phone number on these forums, I didn't realize one could spew so many epithets in one breath as he did. It was rather impressive.

Don't let one opinion sway your from what your eyes see, your ears hear, and your common sense screams at you.

^^

Oh, it can be argued. I consider a CGC blue label book to be an authentic, non color-touched, no pieces repaired, leaves added book. It's like Carfax for comics. If you go to buy a car and don't bother to get a Carfax, you're not a thrifty shopper or chasing value, you're just ignorant. The label increases value because you know what you are getting.

DBs exist in both fandom and in professionals. Everyone's human. However, if as a fan, you alienate a creator, who gives a damn? If a creator has a really bad day like the one described in this thread though, well...

Not every creator can be Alan Moore and go into seclusion. Many of them rely on their fans at cons, especially if their star has passed its zenith, and to intentionally antagonize their dwindling fanbase is just ridiculous.

Still if asked not to be personalized the artist should not start personalizing at random. Handler at least should have pulled the remaining books after the first one was done. Or at least look at the backing board to see if customer name was on it.

+1 Most prepped books have names on the back, so this shouldn't of happened. Especially from a stack of four books :screwy:

Still if asked not to be personalized the artist should not start personalizing at random. Handler at least should have pulled the remaining books after the first one was done. Or at least look at the backing board to see if customer name was on it.

+1 Most prepped books have names on the back, so this shouldn't of happened. Especially from a stack of four books :screwy:

This is not on the people that had my book.