• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Didn't read all the early posts in this thread, but just wanted to say that I just read the new GotG 0.1 and loved it. The story was super touching and had some action as well. Didn't like Bendis for awhile as I thought his books were just a bunch of talking heads, but after reading this and couple of his other newer offerings, I'm changing my mind about him. The last GotG series was awesome IMO as well. I just wish I had been able to get a couple copies of the last 2 issues before Thanos made his appearance in the Avengers movie. They are not cheap now.

+1. There's some freaky alien/human sex too!

Didn't read all the early posts in this thread, but just wanted to say that I just read the new GotG 0.1 and loved it. The story was super touching and had some action as well. Didn't like Bendis for awhile as I thought his books were just a bunch of talking heads, but after reading this and couple of his other newer offerings, I'm changing my mind about him. The last GotG series was awesome IMO as well. I just wish I had been able to get a couple copies of the last 2 issues before Thanos made his appearance in the Avengers movie. They are not cheap now.

+1. There's some freaky alien/human sex too!

Well thank god for that.

Yea, that story is still in my mind after reading it late last night. The meeting of two individuals who grow a bond, fall in love, and then consummate before the alien human leaves to go fight his war was so deep. It really encompasses all the good, and tragic, things that happen to us as humans. Totally recommend reading that book NOW!

Yea, that story is still in my mind after reading it late last night. The meeting of two individuals who grow a bond, fall in love, and then consummate before the alien human leaves to go fight his war was so deep. It really encompasses all the good, and tragic, things that happen to us as humans. Totally recommend reading that book NOW!

Reminds me of this:

I was a Marvel Cosmic hater until I ready the Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest runs, and all of the ancillary titles that tied in to the storyline. Incredible story-telling. I continued it with the new NOVA and GOTG series. Love me some cosmic now.

I would be out of my mind with hatred for this incarnation of The Guardians had I not actually READ the comics you mentioned. Great stories, great characters and huge cosmic battles!!!!!! Sure its different than the 70s Guardians and perhaps they should have come up with a NEW name, but other than that, I'll be there when it comes out.

I was a Marvel Cosmic hater until I ready the Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest runs, and all of the ancillary titles that tied in to the storyline. Incredible story-telling. I continued it with the new NOVA and GOTG series. Love me some cosmic now.

I would be out of my mind with hatred for this incarnation of The Guardians had I not actually READ the comics you mentioned. Great stories, great characters and huge cosmic battles!!!!!! Sure its different than the 70s Guardians and perhaps they should have come up with a NEW name, but other than that, I'll be there when it comes out.

Well, for a guy whose handle is Korvac Saga, that's what one would expect. :baiting:

Well, for a guy whose handle is Korvac Saga, that's what one would expect. :baiting:

lol Kind of a giveaway, huh? (:

I'm not a reader of moderns so forgive my noobish question but which issues should I read to get up to speed on this incarnation?

Wish it was the original incarnation with Vance Astro :cloud9:

I'm not a reader of moderns so forgive my noobish question but which issues should I read to get up to speed on this incarnation?

Wish it was the original incarnation with Vance Astro :cloud9:

All of the Annihilation books that came out a few years ago.