• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

Scott Snyder

"Just re-read @ruckawriter & @MichaelLark66 LAZARUS 1. Easily one of the best comics of 2013 so far for me"

This always strikes me as odd. It was a set up issue. It was good, but after one issue calling it the best book of 2013 seems a bit extreme...

I watched a youtube video of Rucka at last years SDCC and he basically said he hates first issues that give you everything and insult your intelligence. He says there is no tension if all info is given out and he isn't doing his job as a storyteller if you don't want to buy after the first issue. This story has me hooked plus he's had this in the pipeline for over a year and I'm guessing a select few that know him already has seen highlights that makes this a winner.

Scott Snyder

"Just re-read @ruckawriter & @MichaelLark66 LAZARUS 1. Easily one of the best comics of 2013 so far for me"

This always strikes me as odd. It was a set up issue. It was good, but after one issue calling it the best book of 2013 seems a bit extreme...

(thumbs u I agree with you.

But Snyder's did use the 'for me' clause, which renders any point said prior to it uncriticizable, I think ;)

Does anybody know what the print runs of the regular comic and variants are?

I count 5 so far:

Regular comic cover

Forbidden Planet cover

CBLDF cover

Midtown cover

Comic Asylum / Splash Page Art cover

I really have a hard time calling the CBLDF a variant when its exactly the same as the regular cover but thats me.

I call it a variant. It has the comic code stamp on it, the CBLDF logo on the other corner and the Lazarus title is black instead of blue. I think it is the rarest of all prints and will see the biggest increase in desirability, but that's just me.

All I know if it they would have been for sale at 5 dollars at my lcs instead of 9.99 I might have picked up a couple instead I got more of the regular issue. Maybe I'm just a tight *spoon*.

No, I hear you. It is tough to pay 3x for almost the same issue, I just wanted to have them all. I guess that is why variants exist to begin with, same content for more money.

Edited by cashkalil