• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

So Lazarus is already getting 10/10 ratings. I wasn't impressed with the preview, but I guess I'll see on Wednesday.

Rucka and Lark are a great team. Think Brubaker/Phillips. I wasn't impressed by the preview, but I expect the book will be good.

There will, however, be a zillion copies ordered, especially if fully returnable.

AND IT STARTS

CBLDF is excited to launch a new program in cooperation with our Retail Member Stores: the CBLDF COMICS CODE VARIANT! These variant covers of today’s hottest books will include the infamous Comics Code Authority Seal of Approval and will only be available through CBLDF Retail Members!

Wait

you're going to tell me Lazarus is going to have a CBLDF variant and it looks like this:

lazarus01-CBLDF-665x1024_zps3c1841d1.jpg

So the variant is just the exact same cover as the regular edition except with a "approved by the comics code" and a statue of liberty CBLDF logo?

Pretty wildly_fanciful_statement if you ask me. Really really wildly_fanciful_statement.

My LCS ordered around 700 to 1000 copies of this title. He thinks it going to be just as big as East of West

:screwy:

This comic might have returnability so your LCS will just have to pay the shipping...

VARIANT LIST

MIDTOWN

CBLDF

FORBIDDEN PLANET

NOT TO BAD SO FAR

As mentioned in my Comic Market for sale thread a variant not mentioned is the

Comic Asylum - Splash Page Comic Art variant

260613094514RR4f2DbTeK.jpg

Comic Market For Sale Thread for Lazarus Retailer Variant Link to the For Sale Thread

This Variant is a very limited printing. The regular edition of Lazarus #1 has officially sold out of first printings at Diamond, and they are releasing a second printing.

Thanks for looking.

Mark Hay

Owner, Splash Page Comic Art & The Comic Asylum

VARIANT LIST

MIDTOWN

CBLDF

FORBIDDEN PLANET

NOT TO BAD SO FAR

As mentioned in my Comic Market for sale thread a variant not mentioned is the

Comic Asylum - Splash Page Comic Art variant

260613094514RR4f2DbTeK.jpg

Comic Market For Sale Thread for Lazarus Retailer Variant Link to the For Sale Thread

This Variant is a very limited printing. The regular edition of Lazarus #1 has officially sold out of first printings at Diamond, and they are releasing a second printing.

Thanks for looking.

Mark Hay

Owner, Splash Page Comic Art & The Comic Asylum

Very cool cover! I like!

I might get slaughtered for saying this because there are no similarities in theme or story but it gave me a slight TWD vibe simply because of the strength of the characters and their emotions, along with the violence.

Don't let that put you off if you don't like TWD (I'm one of the few that doesn't) but I can appreciate the focus on characters in TWD and I hope Lazarus sticks to that because it's already done a great job in just one issue. It read slightly like an "intro" and possibly could have benefited from being a double issue but I think it has worked well enough as a single issue on it's own. The more I think about it, the more pumped I am for it. I think this could be a winner.

Edited by Katchoo

I read it.

I didn't not enjoy it and it wasn't confusing at all.

I read it last night and have been thinking about it a lot.

7 out of 10. Yeah, I'll give it 7 out of 10.

Why so high? well a girl is the main character

why so low? altered reality