• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

I'm not sure there are that many out there. I say this only because there is 4 listings on ebay UK, all the shops near me have none and a few people on this board from the US have struggled to find some. Maybe I'm wrong (shrug)

My two shops had pretty healthy stacks, but they were both less than what each store had for East of West. Both shops know their customers really well and what sells. I think the print run will be pretty high, but i don't think it will be in the 40-50K range like EoW.

Both shops sold out of EoW after a while and I'm sure the same will happen with this book.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I might get this early, I don't want to wait for my usual few month comic order and find out this comic sold out or went up. But I don't think Rucka's stuff goes for crazy amounts. Stumptown never went for much I think.

It has been getting good reviews, 10 out of 10 on newsarama.com and now Snyder gives it his best endorsement. I wouldn't judge how well this title is going to do based on Rucka's previous stuff. Lightning only has to strike once.

We're just having a bit of down time during the summer. It'll pick up again (thumbs u

There are seasonal trends that I am sure are overlaid on top, but don't kid yourself about what else is going on. 2013 books, especially Image ones, are being massively overprinted due to speculators. Even if they are quality, and rise someday, there have been far to many books that have risen too far too fast.

I am not saying the modern market bubble has burst, but the irrational exuberance from early 2013 has past and people are realizing/learning. Lots of 2012 books are stabilizing to more realistic prices and that's a good thing long term.

Lot's of people post on these forums trying to talk up 2013 books, cause they bought tons of them and are trying to manufacture hype. Those shenanigans are becoming less and less effective as enough people have been burned to realize they dont need to rush in, and that the "easy" money has passed by already. Too many people are all trying to do the same thing at the same time.

I stand by my advice, anything you personally believe in long term, buy it during the dip but be conservative. If you are hanging on to something, not fully convinced, and can sell to break even or for a small profit, free that capital up. It's a good time to be on the sidelines and lock in profits.

Having the discipline to practice this, when appropriate, has been a revelation