• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

I see #1 still on the shelves everywhere.....

...and you will because stores ordered heavily. It's a Rucka title and an Image #1. What did you expect?

Whether or not it was ordered heavy its not easy to find. All lcs in my town are out. Mycomicshop is out of them, so is graham cracker comics, tfaw has 69 copies left. Only online place that has a bunch left is midtown. Yeah its a Image #1 but it came out during the lull of the summer before SDCC....its not a DC title or Marvel in the 90,000 range...its image and probably closer to 50 k. 350 some odd stores buying this title....the math doesn't lead to vast stacks everywhere. 2c

I see #1 still on the shelves everywhere.....

...and you will because stores ordered heavily. It's a Rucka title and an Image #1. What did you expect?

Whether or not it was ordered heavy its not easy to find. All lcs in my town are out. Mycomicshop is out of them, so is graham cracker comics, tfaw has 69 copies left. Only online place that has a bunch left is midtown. Yeah its a Image #1 but it came out during the lull of the summer before SDCC....its not a DC title or Marvel in the 90,000 range...its image and probably closer to 50 k. 350 some odd stores buying this title....the math doesn't lead to vast stacks everywhere. 2c

Some stores know their clientele and some not so much. They will all sell out eventually because the story looks like it's a winner. Also, this summertime lull you speak of is pretty much reserved for the secondary market. I don't know too many people (aka nobody) who aren't buying their weekly floppies because they are holding out for SDCC.

Well with all the #1's Image and other companies released a few weeks ago definitely cuts into how many titles a normal comic book reader can and does buy, thus reducing the number of some copies purchased. I'm not saying big speculators did not miss this title, I'm saying the regular folks have a lot of new titles to pick from with their limited cash flows.

Yeah I enjoyed this one and see big potential here!

Edited by natevegas

Honestly, if those regular folks dont have $3 to buy the first issue of this book, its likely they'll buy the trade.

This is going to be a good book to read. Since it is a 2013 Image release, there will be no surprises as far as "value"

Honestly, if those regular folks dont have $3 to buy the first issue of this book, its likely they'll buy the trade.

This is going to be a good book to read. Since it is a 2013 Image release, there will be no surprises as far as "value"

Except those $3 adds up to over $100 a month. I did like Lazarus. The premise is unique and a reluctant killer in the family is something that I have not seen before. .

Except those $3 adds up to over $100 a month. I did like Lazarus. The premise is unique and a reluctant killer in the family is something that I have not seen before. .

Exactly. And with more and more new #1 titles hitting the stands it will limit how much people can pick up. I doubt very much the regular normal comic book reader can spend 100 + every week on comics.

Exactly. And with more and more new #1 titles hitting the stands it will limit how much people can pick up. I doubt very much the regular normal comic book reader can spend 100 + every week on comics.

i suppose that makes sense.

makes me glad i dont read the that Marvel and DC put out