• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon March 21-23, 2014

312 posts in this topic

Well. Set up was relatively smooth and easy.

Nice Gator. Ima stop by and say Hi. Hope you got some sweet Key books for sale!!

I'm hungry for some SA

lol

Maybe one or two lol

So far so good! Got in around 11. Doors opened at 12. Got all 17 books onsite graded. And my boy got Brian Pulido to sign his Evil Ernie and sketch the Happy Face in gold and get SS onsite for Sunday!! Gonna get Miconne to sign my Image Expo 2014 WD book tomorrow!! So excited!

So sad i'm not going this weekend. Have a broken wrist (not a good thing) and my business is crazy busy (which is a good thing)...cant break away.

Have a blast everyone!!

Very busy today, much more so than last year and every dealer I spoke with reported the same. Keys, high grade were selling briskly. Tomorrow will be insane. CGC seems to have done a better job with on site this year as I never heard a report that on site submissions had been cut off, unlike last year.

Attended today (Friday) only. Before getting to comics, my only gripe is that the con's organizers need to get their act together next year with respect to holders of advance tickets. I waited 90 minutes in two lines this morning just to exchange my advance ticket for my bracelet. It was like waiting in immigration at the airport in Sao Paulo. I would have been better off buying a ticket at the "door" where the lines were de minimis.

On the positive, the larger facility is generally better than years past. Plenty of room in the aisles, and the entertainment guests have now been segregated to the side so people in line for autographs don't jam up the areas around dealer tables.

And it was great to see many more comic book dealers than prior years, and lots of activity in front of most dealers. Also, I didn't see as many multiple copies of keys on the "walls" as in years past, and not seeing certain keys at all, which is further evidence of market demand and limited supply on certain books.

Met a lot of nice folks too! All in all a good time.

Bought tickets at the door this morning at 11:55 am. Took me 45min total before I entered the floor. Not a lot of GA books. Harley Yee was there and his booth was minuscule to say the least. Not any great wall books and maybe 10-12 boxes if memory serves. He looked very small time. I remember him back maybe 10 years ago and his set up was colossal. meh, I was only there for GA comics and I'd say so-so.

A lot of eye candy though, and I don't mean books :devil:

Looked like all the dealers were doing well today. (Pike I'm jealous of that BnB). makes me wish I had set up, but had a great time waiting in the JSC line.. *rollseyes.

Thanks! Hopefullly someone takes it off my hands before the end of the show!

Today was definitely a great start to the weekend. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better!

Bought tickets at the door this morning at 11:55 am. Took me 45min total before I entered the floor. Not a lot of GA books. Harley Yee was there and his booth was minuscule to say the least. Not any great wall books and maybe 10-12 boxes if memory serves. He looked very small time. I remember him back maybe 10 years ago and his set up was colossal. meh, I was only there for GA comics and I'd say so-so.

A lot of eye candy though, and I don't mean books :devil:

Harley travels a lot more now than he used to and he keeps his setup smaller for many shows reserving the big setups for the really big shows.

There was lots of GA, you just had to look.

What I didn't like about the show was that there was all genres and types of dealers scattered all over the room. Comic dealers comingled with toy dealers and artists. I think it's ridiculous and disadvantageous to sellers to not have like dealers with like dealers.

If I was setting up I'd be upset.