• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

We need more data points to know for sure. I did notice the $860 SS 9.8 jumped from $560 to $860 within the last 20 seconds. Hard to tell from one or two sales. I think we will all know more after 3-6 months of sales data now that the prices have really picked up.

My 2c

We need more data points to know for sure. I did notice the $860 SS 9.8 jumped from $560 to $860 within the last 20 seconds. Hard to tell from one or two sales. I think we will all know more after 3-6 months of sales data now that the prices have really picked up.

My 2c

:gossip: No one really bids until the last 10 seconds . . .

My 2c

I do. :hi:

Seriously - I put in the max price I am willing to pay for a given book/auction lot early and just let it ride. No sense in chasing at the end - my competitive instincts kick in and that thrill of winning at any cost = overpaying on books. doh!

My 2c

I do. :hi:

Seriously - I put in the max price I am willing to pay for a given book/auction lot early and just let it ride. No sense in chasing at the end - my competitive instincts kick in and that thrill of winning at any cost = overpaying on books. doh!

The theory is that you snipe it and forget it. Set the price, just the same but you don't give others the opportunity to go all hot headed and crazy bidding against the top price you're willing to pay. you show your hand too early if you just "set it and forget it" at the beginning of an auction IMO.

+1

I use a sniping site and have won several auctions without going over the price I set. I agree -- by bidding up front you allow people to bid up to you and overtake your high bid.

By sniping you swoop in at the last second out of nowhere and probably at a price lower than your ceiling.

2c

+1

I use a sniping site and have won several auctions without going over the price I set. I agree -- by bidding up front you allow people to bid up to you and overtake your high bid.

By sniping you swoop in at the last second out of nowhere and probably at a price lower than your ceiling.

2c

Which, of course, is why I always set the auction starting price which I as a seller will accept. I may not sell as much as the next guy, but I have a lot of happy clients. The alternative way I list is using the BIN/BO method. I don't need to sell any more books, I'm happy selling one-a-day :grin:

+1

2c

Which, of course, is why I always set the auction starting price which I as a seller will accept. I may not sell as much as the next guy, but I have a lot of happy clients. The alternative way I list is using the BIN/BO method. I don't need to sell any more books, I'm happy selling one-a-day :grin:

Assuming that both buyers and sellers do this, in theory everyone should be happy! :grin:

Print run of Batman Adventures #12 will not be too high but is likely somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 - today that would be very impressive but back then it was not and the comic did not make the top 100 of the month. All issues of this Batman kids series had lower orders but they are not rare - just "rarer" than most popular titles of the early and mid 90s

The theory is that you snipe it and forget it. Set the price, just the same but you don't give others the opportunity to go all hot headed and crazy bidding against the top price you're willing to pay. you show your hand too early if you just "set it and forget it" at the beginning of an auction IMO.

That is a risk, but if the max you set your bid at is a significant discount to guide (I usually use 40% of guide on multi-book lots) then it does not matter if they bid you up - you will make money all day long with max bid wins. (thumbs u

That is a risk, but if the max you set your bid at is a significant discount to guide (I usually use 40% of guide on multi-book lots) then it does not matter if they bid you up - you will make money all day long with max bid wins. (thumbs u

But you are paying more than you have to. And if you find one of those dbag sellers that shills they can bump your bid up to the max. By not placing your bid until the end via a sniper they can't know you have a secret max bid and push the envelop. Sniping only way to go with ebay.

Sniping only way to go with ebay.

+1,000,000

People who throw out bids early and say "I just bid what I want to pay" don't understand the psychology of auctions. People are m0rons when it comes to bidding - and if you disagree, I would reference you to this $50 Amazon gift card that got bid up to $106. And that's not the only one - there are hundreds of completed listings like that. :facepalm:

Sniping IS the only way if you either remember when the auction ends OR have a reliable sniping software program where you can set it and forget it. I tend to forget things (a lot) and need lots of reminders when an auction is near the end, so software program is key for me.

Meck

I don't rely on sniping software but find the ebay app on my phone to be a good way to handle closing auctions in real time.