• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,978 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2024 at 8:01 AM, travizb said:

I unknowingly picked up a double cover of the 1984 #1 Transformers newsstand.  It recently came back a 9.6 OW/W from CGC.  I don't see any sales (ebay/gocollect) or population information on this type of error variant.  Any thoughts here to how to value this or where I can go to get a rough value?  Thanks for the feedback!

CGC4362342-002_OBV.jpg

I'm aware that gpaanalysis keeps track of multiple cover sales, but idk how often this book has had them or if paying a gpaanalysis subscription for the one book would be worth it. It is the only place that can look back far enough with details that "I'm aware of!". Maybe someone with a paid subscription will come along to help out?  :)

On 1/17/2024 at 11:50 AM, trademarkcomics said:

Popular book. NO double covers on GPA with plenty of sales records over the past 20+ years. Newsstand...double cover...you can name your price. I've sold lots of double covers. My general rule of thumb for pricing is 2x going value in grade if there are any other double cover sales on GPA in any grade. If it's possibly one of a kind, 3x+ going price in grade. If it's a popular book 4x would be the least I would place it for sale with best offer. So 9.6s go for $400. I would put it up for no less than $1500. My list price for this would probably be $2999 and would take 2000. 9.8 newsstands go for $3000 and there are way more than ONE 9.8 newsstand out there. Just be prepared to wait a while to sell it. Someone out there will want it and have the money(maybe me if it's up long enough). Otherwise put it in your "vault" and cherish it!!!

This is an absolutely AWESOME book! Congrats!!!

Wow -- I wasn't expecting that type of premium.  This is great.  I might just have to put this in my time capsule.  Thanks for this information.

On 1/23/2024 at 1:53 PM, cosmic-spider-man said:

Nice Book, does it still have the Tattooz intact?  :cloud9:

It does not. But there are no signs of damage in and around the staple so I believe it was never inserted(since what kid carefully cuts the insert out just to get to the tattz?).

A double error? (shrug)(shrug)