• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,978 posts in this topic

Of course, I search "double cover" all the time on eBay, sure there are many minor annoyances in the results like the Double Action por-NO comics, Marvel Double Feature, etc.  But my biggest pet peeve is this:

notadoublecover.thumb.png.baf23c59717eb9c27dcb3d76aba3e61e.png

Obviously they just copied the ad, but failed to realize the title had features their copy doesn't and now they are falsely advertising their copy as a double cover. They also often price their copy according to the ad they copied, which results is a mis-advertised and overpriced item. Happens all the time with Mark Jewelers as well. Ugh!

This is almost as much an eBay pet peeve for me as when buyers ONLY read the title before bidding. C'mon people!

thats-lazy-curtis-payne.gif.f52af36808b18c8e2f9cfe6154f302cf.gif

On 5/19/2023 at 7:26 PM, wormboy said:

DF690698-FF35-4A8A-92EB-E5E2180248DC.jpeg.d30fe711cb93efd7950dca4d5221b891.jpeg

I just read through the Miller run. I love how he completely owned the character during his run and even did the What If? issues. Most of the time, you'd get some new(and lesser quality) team on a character in a What If tale, but with the DD What Ifs you got the A-team of Miller/Janson! (thumbsu

On 5/20/2023 at 4:42 PM, Artboy99 said:

Planet Comics 48 double cover front A (2).JPG

Planet Comics 48 double cover front A (1).JPG

Planet Comics 48 cgc 9.4.jpg

Double cover and the color was printed off register. Do y'all think they are two separate errors, or are they somehow connected? If they're not connected then I don't want to calculate the odds of both happening on the same book cuz...

mybrain.gif.317b5b5c81a106738ead73c6737f1bd6.gif

On 5/19/2023 at 10:38 PM, trademarkcomics said:

I just read through the Miller run. I love how he completely owned the character during his run and even did the What If? issues. Most of the time, you'd get some new(and lesser quality) team on a character in a What If tale, but with the DD What Ifs you got the A-team of Miller/Janson! (thumbsu

I was beyond excited when he drew the character in books outside of DD! 

On 5/25/2023 at 1:17 PM, wormboy said:

Just back from CGC. I noticed they don’t state ‘Double Cover’ in bold anywhere now. They used to state it both on the front center label and on top of the slab (where it now reads ‘Newsstand’ on the MTU 100). Now it looks like the fine print is the only way to identify them.

Yea I really don't like that, they could go back to putting Double Cover on the Right side of the label or at the very least put it on the top of the slab so it matches all my other Double Cover Slabs.  2c

On 5/20/2023 at 9:15 PM, trademarkcomics said:

Double cover and the color was printed off register. Do y'all think they are two separate errors, or are they somehow connected? If they're not connected then I don't want to calculate the odds of both happening on the same book cuz...

mybrain.gif.317b5b5c81a106738ead73c6737f1bd6.gif

I imagine unconnected, unless they had a press that also was doing the bindery. Or you want to consider the "connection" general lack of upkeep in a facility that leads to errors?

On 5/28/2023 at 7:07 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I imagine unconnected, unless they had a press that also was doing the bindery. Or you want to consider the "connection" general lack of upkeep in a facility that leads to errors?

That makes all of my mistakes in life completely connected! xD