• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,978 posts in this topic

Glad to hear it was amicable and I hope you are able to stay in each other's lives.

Keep yourself open to all possibilities. This is a reset for you, even though it isn't one that you wanted. What new opportunities does this present and what will you do with them?

On 7/23/2023 at 9:52 AM, trademarkcomics said:

Not necessarily comics, but stress from eBay did contribute to our issues. I like to describe it like this... as our friendship waxed, our marriage waned. I was willing to see it through(couples therapy), however she was not(I now know women can go through mid-life crises as well). Other than that, it was amicable...and entirely possible that we come back together at some point. After we take some time to mourn the marriage, I'm hoping we can still stay friends at the very least. The funny part about the friendship is that's all I wanted when we first met, but I quickly became aware she wanted much more. And I liked her so much that I went along for the ride. Then nearly 2 decades passed...amazing how time does that! :preach:

idk what to say yesterday, but I'm sure transition or change gets easier over time. Glad that there is still an underlying appreciation that I'm hoping works to everyone's benefit down the road, but it can't be easy at the moment :cheers:

Each day is new and full of new mercies from above :x @trademarkcomics

It took me until today when casually browsing to "plan purchases" that you meant, you were "listing on ebay" rather than the boards! Good to know, and although I'm looking, I figured to clarify to get eyes on it! If that helps :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/23/2023 at 12:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

idk what to say yesterday, but I'm sure transition or change gets easier over time. Glad that there is still an underlying appreciation that I'm hoping works to everyone's benefit down the road, but it can't be easy at the moment :cheers:

Each day is new and full of new mercies from above :x @trademarkcomics

It took me until today when casually browsing to "plan purchases" that you meant, you were "listing on ebay" rather than the boards! Good to know, and although I'm looking, I figured to clarify to get eyes on it! If that helps :foryou: 

I didn't want to go too far in promoting it for fear the post gets taken down. I figured you were all like me and had your favorite searches saved on that particular selling marketplace. My ads would surely show up if you did. And don't get turned off by my prices. Make an offer, as long as it's reasonable, I will probably take it. I often go high to help weed out the unsavory

RE: That particular marketplace:

"I hate this place. I do. I’m telling you I hate it. I’m in a hostile environment, I am completely unprepared, I’m surrounded by people who probably want to kick my a s s. It’s like being back in high school!"  <-------Cookie to who gets that reference! :nyah:

Edited by trademarkcomics

On 8/21/2023 at 10:32 PM, littledoom said:

Is that a Kirby cover?

Buckler.  You can actually see the signature near the spine, right under the Black Bolt corner circle.  But it's clearly Buckler in his full blown channeling Kirby mode.

On 9/2/2023 at 3:56 PM, MR SigS said:

That's encouraging. I was concerned the book and glued cover would shift away from the loose cover in an SCS sort of way. I suppose it still could, but obviously it's possible it won't.

Now, if only there were no concerns about submitting books.

odTolDEl.jpgCvbDwISh.jpg

U36ZzVOl.jpgqnmEyTqh.jpg

I purchased the Tec 441 graded and it was graded on 03/06/2006, almost 18 years ago, and so far, so good for the top cover not shifting. I have three other CGC graded comic books with double covers, also purchased graded; I'll check to see if I have scans of them; and the covers have also stayed in place, they are in the same generation of holders (Second generation? I forget.) as the Tec.

Lastly, as you note, with the endemic QC issues double, etc., covers, I'll write, may cause some issues for CGC QC.

Just sent in a bunch of my ASM raw doubles and got a couple 9.8, 9.8s! #188 becomes my third ASM double with a Mark Jewelers insert. 

asmCGCdcs.thumb.png.8baaae99cede51cc213e3ef43c84680e.png

I also sent in my #78(still in SFG), which had a corner piece torn off and then replaced(restored) on the interior cover. I decided to remove that restored piece(it was well done but looked like a photocopied piece anyway) and go for a blue label since you won't see the damage in the case and they would grade off the outer cover. I'll let you know how that comes out.

On 9/19/2023 at 11:46 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

If you tore an outer cover of a double cover off, would CGC know and give it a qualified grade hm

Unless you left pieces of it under the staple, probably not(maybe even if they noticed they wouldn't green label it). It would be like removing a Mark Jewelers insert. 

But why would you do it? (shrug)

Edited by trademarkcomics

On 9/19/2023 at 11:57 AM, trademarkcomics said:

Unless you left pieces of it under the staple, probably not(maybe even if they noticed they wouldn't green label it). It would be like removing a Mark Jewelers insert. 

But why would you do it? (shrug)

I wouldn't, just thought about back in the day as a kid seeing a double cover and it was torn off 'cause they didn't like it. Assuming they would only know if a piece was left under the staple.

On 9/19/2023 at 1:55 PM, trademarkcomics said:

Just sent in a bunch of my ASM raw doubles and got a couple 9.8, 9.8s! #188 becomes my third ASM double with a Mark Jewelers insert. 

asmCGCdcs.thumb.png.8baaae99cede51cc213e3ef43c84680e.png

I also sent in my #78(still in SFG), which had a corner piece torn off and then replaced(restored) on the interior cover. I decided to remove that restored piece(it was well done but looked like a photocopied piece anyway) and go for a blue label since you won't see the damage in the case and they would grade off the outer cover. I'll let you know how that comes out.

Glad you're happy with the results, I would be too, and if you're selling them hope it goes for your comfortable price! I'd be tempted but so brokish for a while lol

But it caught attention! Will they be for sale on eBay? Or only eBay? If so and some are leftover, I'll check when funds come in.

Long way to say that is awesome!

On 9/19/2023 at 2:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Glad you're happy with the results, I would be too, and if you're selling them hope it goes for your comfortable price! I'd be tempted but so brokish for a while lol

But it caught attention! Will they be for sale on eBay? Or only eBay? If so and some are leftover, I'll check when funds come in.

Long way to say that is awesome!

Some of them I will be keeping. But most will go on the place where lowballing is a professional sport. :insane:

ebaybanner3.png.c820b447b18a666b4ed250343daa62d4.png