• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants 98 CGC 10.0

1,026 posts in this topic

So -- I remember all the discussion about the NM 98 9.9 thread about what was good value etc.

I just received word that I received a NM 98 CGC 10.0 white in my latest submission.

Thoughts?

Obviously, I'm very excited.

wow, congrats man

I'll just make a few quick comments:

1) I probably will not tell the dealer as there was no chance he was going to submit it to CGC himself. He slabs nothing. Neither he nor I -- nor probably anybody thought it was going to be a 10.0. I think it'd be more "rubbing it in his face" than it would be "curiosity" for this dealer. He made some decent margin on the book. Depending on how the book performs, I will likely do something for this dealer regardless once it sells.

2) There was another boardie at the booth with me when I bought it. I was literally seconds ahead of him asking to see the books, which were actually not out on display.

3) I intend to auction the book through Comiclink. I have no idea what the value is really, nor do I know the market. It's a 10.0 and a first appearance of a character who has become wildly popular. While the 9.9 sold for crazy money, the lure of the 10.0 is of course, there is no possibility to own a higher grade copy. While another could always appear on the census, I'm not sure one will any time soon. Who knows. But I do know I'd like to auction it sooner rather than later.

So -- I remember all the discussion about the NM 98 9.9 thread about what was good value etc.

I just received word that I received a NM 98 CGC 10.0 white in my latest submission.

Thoughts?

***Drops mic and just walks away***

:applause:

I'll just make a few quick comments:

1) I probably will not tell the dealer as there was no chance he was going to submit it to CGC himself. He slabs nothing. Neither he nor I -- nor probably anybody thought it was going to be a 10.0. I think it'd be more "rubbing it in his face" than it would be "curiosity" for this dealer. He made some decent margin on the book. Depending on how the book performs, I will likely do something for this dealer regardless once it sells.

:applause:

Especially if you deal with this seller off and on. People are funny when they find out about the money they left on the table. Better to leave it alone.

Just curious and if you don't mind, what'd you pay for it raw?

I just want to get a feel for how much are are going to make.

The technical term is "buttload".

Is that not masking (tsk)

Thoughts?

That's just not fair to the rest of us. Congrats bro!!!

'Butt' isn't filtered, so it isn't a bad word. Quit trying to get me in trouble.

'Butt' isn't filtered, so it isn't a bad word. Quit trying to get me in trouble.

:insane:

ANGIE!

:whee: