• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,253 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2021 at 9:48 AM, Point Five said:

I'm amazed that there are still great PCH covers out there I haven't seen... particularly since I've been a fan of AIWW #6's cover since forever. Super cool cover!... and more than a bit suggestive. The weird sense of depth (basement tunnel going back in space, teeny tiny cemetery outside the window) is really neat too. Congrats!

Every time I look at the covers from this series (and other Atlas pre-code titles) I discover something I never noticed before.

On 11/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, X_Phile said:

Very nice. Someone is cranking through the HT want list!

I don't collect the title per se, just the covers I like in that particular run, that way I don't get bogged down with OCD lists. One thing I actually am happy with after 57 years of actual collecting is ignoring runs of a particular title. The reason being I found it was collecting for collecting sakes. One day I thought, why not just collect the books that actually turn me on?  :idea: :341807820_celebrationemoji:

On 11/9/2021 at 2:50 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

I don't collect the title per se, just the covers I like in that particular run, that way I don't get bogged down with OCD lists. One thing I actually am happy with after 57 years of actual collecting is ignoring runs of a particular title. The reason being I found it was collecting for collecting sakes. One day I thought, why not just collect the books that actually turn me on?  :idea: :341807820_celebrationemoji:

Collecting runs is pure hell. I too found happiness in abandoning that pursuit. 

On 11/9/2021 at 2:50 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

Agreed! There are cool books and dogs mixed in every title, and I take no pleasure in picking up filler books. There's almost literally no GA title where I really like every book in the run.

On 11/9/2021 at 1:50 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

I had the same epiphany earlier this year.

No more runs - I just collect whatever tickles my fancy. :foryou: It's a lot more fun.

On 11/10/2021 at 11:22 AM, manetteska said:

What about Mask?

:banana:

I mean, issues #1 and #2, sure. But by issue #3 they were just phoning it in.

1816068544_ScreenShot2021-11-10at11_26_09AM.png.433dc820a8919f0324fe893254e73349.png