• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2021 at 10:16 AM, Robot Man said:

All nice grabs and great reading. Have always loved that Wanted cover. And that rather boring looking EC Gunfighter might have an early Moon Girl story in it. 

I got the Wanted at a local show for a super low price. And I only bought it for the cover.

Gunfighter does have a Moon Girl story. Still haven’t read any yet. Getting caught up on modern Batman.

On 12/13/2021 at 7:57 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Congrats! I'm not crazy about the writing on the cover either (even though Ken Bald is one of my all-time favorite artists).

...but that didn't stop me from winning this one last night. :foryou:

AITU41 (2).jpg

I looked at that one too! Congratulations 

p.s. - your autograph is in a much less annoying spot

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

I’m not a fan of writing on a cover either. But then, I guess that didn’t stop me from paying up for books with “Larson” or “Okajima” on the cover…:roflmao:

But I’ve pretty much always wanted my creators autographs in ball point pen on the splash page. Would not be to great if they were encased in plastic but most of mine aren’t anyway.

Nothing cooler than opening a book and seeing “Jack Kirby” or “Stan Lee” at the bottom of the first page and remembering the day one I got to meet them…

On 12/13/2021 at 5:38 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

After getting outbid for months, mostly due to my refusal to bid more than 10 x OPG, I finally found one. Either people don’t like this book, or like me, they’re not crazy about writing on the cover. 

F1670489-2757-42AB-80A6-305ED3BD6F2F.jpeg

Very pretty book!

I’m a big fan of that book. I’m fortunate enough to be old enough to have got it for a song when very few people wanted these.