• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2022 at 10:04 AM, Hap Hazard said:

Here's some examples, purchased about 30 years ago.

horrific3 001.jpg

War Fury1.jpg

The WAR FURY cover is a gruesome classic by Don Heck.

As for the HORRIFIC cover, I think Mr. Heck was under an extremely tight deadline and couldn't think of anything else to do except swipe his own head. (shrug)

On 3/27/2022 at 6:55 AM, Kevin.J said:

My only qualifying book this month is a low grade effort and is nowhere near a classic as in the above interesting discussion.  

However it is another book ticked off the list and I am happy to have it :)

1021107519_WeirdHorrors9.thumb.jpg.9ea43ddbfea444f0dc724a61c0e688a8.jpg

Kubert. One of my favorite artists.

On 3/28/2022 at 6:27 AM, bronze johnny said:

Love it Jay! It’s a “Hey Jay Horror!”

Hey Jay has a question with the label on this book. Anyone know what Matt Baker did on this issue? GCD has no reference to him so I’m starting to think the label is wrong.

Edited by Jayman

On 3/28/2022 at 8:31 AM, Jayman said:

Hey Jay has a question with the label on this book. Anyone know what Matt Baker did on this issue? GCD has no reference to him so I’m starting to think the label is wrong.

Are the stories inside the book available to read online?

On 3/28/2022 at 9:05 AM, bronze johnny said:

Are the stories inside the book available to read online?

Not sure but they would have the red and blue 3-D treatment so it would be harder to tell. (shrug)

On 3/28/2022 at 10:49 AM, Jayman said:

Not sure but they would have the red and blue 3-D treatment so it would be harder to tell. (shrug)

I have the book, and at least one story, "The Curse of Khar", was copied from Strange Terrors 4.  The titles from the other 3 stories are, Picture of Evil, The Violin of Death, & The Devil's Chair.  You can go to the Grand Comic Database, and look up Weird Horrors and Strange Terrors, details of issues, to locate them, then go to Comic Book + to read them.  They are all good.