• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2022 at 10:34 AM, sagii said:

The Promise copy of this one made me really take a look at it again  when it came to auction. I've seen a couple HA archives listing for this one stating it's possibly the best cover in the run

Tall order I know when you consider Raboy's work on the title. but, I will say it's a top 10 for the run imho, and that many of the post Raboy covers by Kurt Schaffenberger and Bud Thompson are seriously underappreciated. Some great great ones beyond the 'Eyeball cover'  on Cap Jr and Master by those gentlemen 

20221009_094958.jpg

20221010_091455.jpg

House of Secrets prototype? :idea:

13260F65-4CEC-4BFA-BD86-C566414DC9DB.jpeg

On 10/14/2022 at 7:56 AM, WolverineX said:

Back from CGC. Like the new label.  How do you distinguish this is Canadian? The CDL notation? I assume they are rarer?

20221014_105311.thumb.jpg.bf88fb02d1fe2e50c166573556d966c9.jpg

The “CDL” below the issue number is the first giveaway. Poor printing is another. Ad on the back cover as well. 

On 10/10/2022 at 12:08 PM, Bugfarm said:

Recently bought this classic.  It replaces the copy I traded away awhile back.  Seems to be becoming tougher to find.

829CCBAB-A4F0-40DA-970E-9F395D245DA5.jpeg

A very popular cover that most horror fans (like myself), never want to part with.

Ironicaly, this was the first issue of this title I ever saw and bought. I realized very quickly, this was a title I wanted all of. 

On 10/14/2022 at 4:18 PM, Robot Man said:

Poor printing is another.

I remember many years ago when I first got into EC, and was a bit of a rookie to the GA.

I bought a copy of HOF 16 at what I thought was a good price. When I got it and started to read it, I was disgusted by the quality of the artwork and interior, and I thought, 'what's all this fuss about EC?' This really does suck.

Eventually the penny dropped and I realised it was a canuck copy. Never bothered buying another CDL after that.

It's strange when you consider that SUPERIOR are printed in Canada and yet there's nothing wrong with those books.

Edited by Paul © ® ™

On 10/14/2022 at 8:52 AM, Paul © ® ™ said:

I remember many years ago when I first got into EC, and was a bit of a rookie to the GA.

I bought a copy of HOF 16 at what I thought was a good price. When I got it and started to read it, I was disgusted by the quality of the artwork and interior, and I thought, 'what's all this fuss about EC?' This really does suck.

Eventually the penny dropped and I realised it was a canuck copy. Never bothered buying another CDL after that.

It's strange when you consider that SUPERIOR are printed in Canada and yet there's nothing wrong with those books.

Some times, But, I have owned many that were far from "superior" in printing quality.