• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

$3800-$3900.

-J.

3625. Missed it by 175 bucks lol. Still a strong price though. And if there's any major announcements at SDCC about the movie this book's smoldering momentum will turn into a full on blaze IMO. Especially in the higher grades (7.0+).

-J.

Question is, will the book's value fall if the movie never gets made? We all know how fickle Hollywood can be...

No, it won't fall. It might flatline though. The attention brought to this comic has made collectors realize how undervalued it's been. Consider all of this a price correction.

But...... the movie WILL be made! There such potential for coolness in a Doc Strange movie.

Here is my copy that I just got! The front of the slab is scuffed - which is what the lines over it are. Need to figure a way to clean it or maybe get it re-slabbed.

14636715672_5b736a144a_b.jpg

Update: Got some advice on how to help get rid of some of the scuffing. Still probably needs a new slab, but it looks a whole lot better now!

14740162731_5594fa1d51_h.jpg

Edited by J. Morrow

Nice 4.5. I always like when the lower right "black" corner has minimal creases like this one.

The slab marks are pretty bad. If you can part with it for a while it might be nice to reholder it.

Or resub it. The upper left spine is pretty bad, but unless the back cover has some damage this comic looks undergraded to me.

Thanks! Yes, I really liked that it did not have so many of the bent corners - which is one of the reasons I liked it. I will have it re-slabbed - but not in a rush. I don't see myself parting with it anytime soon :)

Edited by J. Morrow

Unbelievable prices now on this one.

$3,625 for a low PQ 7.0 is great! I'm getting reeeeeal close to selling my 6.0 W and 4.5 OW. May wait until the movie teaser shows up at SDCC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221482726934

Not every collector is a "'PQ' snob". And some outright just don't care about it, understanding the arbitrariness of it (barring brittle, of course). :sumo:

-J.

$3,625 for a low PQ 7.0 is great! I'm getting reeeeeal close to selling my 6.0 W and 4.5 OW. May wait until the movie teaser shows up at SDCC

Not every collector is a "'PQ' snob". And some outright just don't care about it, understanding the arbitrariness of it (barring brittle, of course). :sumo:

-J.

Um, OK

-J.

low pq tends to fall short of books with superior pq when it's time to sell. So yes pq matters.

-J.

low pq tends to fall short of books with superior pq when it's time to sell. So yes pq matters.

This does not occur on any verifiable or consistent basis. :baiting:

-J.

Check the census on any Marvel key.

Anecdotal evidence can be provided either way. And the utter lack of consistency in prices realized (not to mention CGC's "PQ" grading itself), makes it an irrelevant, unreliable yard stick. For every person it matters to, there is a person it does not matter to. To each his own.

-J.