• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

I can see this book hitting TOS 39 or JIM 83 levels if a movie were to be made.

will the book continue to go up? , sure... will it get to TOS39 or JIM83 $$ level. , IMO/ 2c, No, not unless the movie is a HUGE blockbuster, and even then, not so sure (shrug)

The book is certainly in the up and up without a movie, but with an announcement of one, I think it can go higher. It may reach the TOS 39/JIM 83 levels (they started off as "B" heroes before all the movies and now they are in the "A" realm). I can see it happening with Dr. Strange as well. Yes, the movie would have to be a hit for it to happen, but seeing how good the Marvel movies are as of late, I have no doubts about it.

Question is, is Dr Strange even at the level of Iron Man/Thor before their movies? .. i don't think so..

will ST110 go up in value as it nears "movie time" , yes, without question. will it get to the level of TOS/JIM. Id be really hard press to think so... (if not flat out , no) but thats my 2c , stranger things have happened!

It's all speculation and guesses at this point. No one really knows for sure what's gonna happen in the future. All we know is that the book was undervalued for all these years and finally it is getting the respect and attention it deserves.

I can see this book hitting TOS 39 or JIM 83 levels if a movie were to be made.

will the book continue to go up? , sure... will it get to TOS39 or JIM83 $$ level. , IMO/ 2c, No, not unless the movie is a HUGE blockbuster, and even then, not so sure (shrug)

The book is certainly in the up and up without a movie, but with an announcement of one, I think it can go higher. It may reach the TOS 39/JIM 83 levels (they started off as "B" heroes before all the movies and now they are in the "A" realm). I can see it happening with Dr. Strange as well. Yes, the movie would have to be a hit for it to happen, but seeing how good the Marvel movies are as of late, I have no doubts about it.

Question is, is Dr Strange even at the level of Iron Man/Thor before their movies? .. i don't think so..

will ST110 go up in value as it nears "movie time" , yes, without question. will it get to the level of TOS/JIM. Id be really hard press to think so... (if not flat out , no) but thats my 2c , stranger things have happened!

It's all speculation and guesses at this point. No one really knows for sure what's gonna happen in the future. All we know is that the book was undervalued for all these years and finally it is getting the respect and attention it deserves.

I think the idea these books will increase is rock solid. The question is how much. I bought a high grade run(around VF) about 5-6 years ago when these books were at a point that only NM range books were costly. Those who invested in CGC 9.2 or better back then are sitting pretty right now. I wish I had and I am pretty sure I would have had i not been working on collecting the entire marvel age.

Even if the movie doesn't get made or is just plain bad these early Strange appearances are still classics and I believe will prove to be rare enough in grade to hold value and continue an upward trend going forward. Obviously a well received movie could give these books another nice surge in value but that really is speculation at this point.

I would think new GPA high seeing the last 7.5 on GPA sold in 2013. I have a 7.5 copy as well I am hoping it goes off @ 5K

Seeing as what the last 8.0 went for that doesn't sound unrealistic to me either. Maybe 4.5-5k-ish m

-J.

Whoa, there's a $3999 bid on the ST 110 7.0 on ebay right now. It's a sweet looking 7.0, but that bid seems too high. Schill? Or has St100 come so far that 7.0s are going for $4k? Seems like I sold one just a few months ago on the boards here for $2800.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comics-Strange-Tales-110-CGC-7-0-First-Doctor-Strange-OW-Pages-HOT-/221462870316?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item339037392c

I think this price seems fair. Especially with movie annoucements

I agree. This will be a cheap price a year from now.

+2. And the book is significantly rarer than hulk 1 on the census at least.

-J.

If you mean the Incredible Hulk #1 from 1962 you'd be very incorrect.

I think this price seems fair. Especially with movie annoucements

I agree. This will be a cheap price a year from now.

+2. And the book is significantly rarer than hulk 1 on the census at least.

-J.

If you mean the Incredible Hulk #1 from 1962 you'd be very incorrect.

I am, and no I am not. 1048 IH 1's to 752 ST 110's. Double check your facts before you make blanket statements. Thank you.

-J.