• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

I'm actually kind of shocked as to how long it took for Doc Strange to get his first FULL cover.

Issue 130! A full 20 issues after he 1st appeared. (nice cover by the way)

By contrast Nick Fury gets a FULL cover in his 1st issue of Strange Tales 135.

Unless I'm totally mistaken Doc Strange doesn't get his next full cover until 146 (another really nice cover). In the meantime Nick Fury has had 10 full covers.

I agree. A few factors make a difference. Cover likeability, rarity, and of course good old suply vs demand.

I think st 110 will still do great but ds169 is just catching up.

Ds 169 have really dried up for sale in high grade. I see a 9.4 on ebay for $1488

It didn't sell it was re-listed. Although that 8.0 that did just sell for 7k certainly makes that 7.0 at 4k look like a bargain now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-Tales-110-CGC-8-0-1st-Dr-Strange-/281373215868?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4183268c7c

-J.

What do you guys think of this 8.0? That lower right crease has a pretty wide color break. Overgraded? This is a tough cover for high grades I think.

Was it a buyitnow? I wanted to look at the bid history but I don't see any bid history.

It didn't sell it was re-listed. Although that 8.0 that did just sell for 7k certainly makes that 7.0 at 4k look like a bargain now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-Tales-110-CGC-8-0-1st-Dr-Strange-/281373215868?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4183268c7c

-J.

What do you guys think of this 8.0? That lower right crease has a pretty wide color break. Overgraded? This is a tough cover for high grades I think.

Was it a buyitnow? I wanted to look at the bid history but I don't see any bid history.

It was a but it now. I think it's a legit 8.0. Other than that little dog ear in the corner it looks pretty solid and might have been a 9 if that dog ear wasn't there. This book reminds me of hulk 1 a bit with its dark cover. If I had the extra dough I'd be snapping up every 7.0+ copy I could find right now.

-J.

Confirmed because it was my buy-it-now. I have F/B higher-res scans, is legitimate and have done business with him before. That is a sad corner but is otherwise in great shape with colors that pop even with a little black fade. The 7's in the $4-5k range remain tempting, but the 8.0+'s are in a great place with the census total being right under 110.

I offered a little less but he wasn't going to budge after the recent re-list. This was one of the last shots at an 8+ before the number of Phase3 announcements at SD ComicCon & the 9.0 public auction to follow next month. I believe this has a 3-5 year can't lose window even if Cosmic MCU doesn't have the same wild success as the existing U.

I'll post a pic when I officially join the club next week!

Finding this book in relative high grade is really tough to do. I think the fact that it is a black cover just makes it that much harder to find in high grade. Dr. Strange isn't on the cover. So it is possible the book was over looked when it was first released. The CGC seems to grade this and other dark/black covers a bit easier as well. So finding a real high grade copy will lead to higher prices.

Confirmed because it was my buy-it-now. I have F/B higher-res scans, is legitimate and have done business with him before. That is a sad corner but is otherwise in great shape with colors that pop even with a little black fade. The 7's in the $4-5k range remain tempting, but the 8.0+'s are in a great place with the census total being right under 110.

I offered a little less but he wasn't going to budge after the recent re-list. This was one of the last shots at an 8+ before the number of Phase3 announcements at SD ComicCon & the 9.0 public auction to follow next month. I believe this has a 3-5 year can't lose window even if Cosmic MCU doesn't have the same wild success as the existing U.

I'll post a pic when I officially join the club next week!

Congrats on the pick-up Noxxor. I was thinking with the corner it was slightly overgraded, but like you say, it's got great colors and is structurally nice. My ST110 9.0 has a tiny color break in the same corner. I think they are slightly soft with the grading on these because of the dark colors.