• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leafcasting Comic Books

179 posts in this topic

I imagine there is a lot of measuring that has to take place to make sure all the original wraps (especially if no longer connected) make it back to a form that meets the size dimensions of the rest of the book. I can imagine how tedious this is. Simply amazed at the entire process :applause:

Wonderfull work! congrats ...

a lot of examples shown are obvioulsy pre restoe NG / .5 books. Could be illuminating to see work done on pre-restoe higher graded books.

Thanks

MZ

Fortunately, higher grade books don't require leaf casting.

That said, if a comic being restored has an otherwise HG interior with a popped staple or blown centerfold.

Those I leaf cast.

But it isn't much to look at.

Hi Kenny,

First, amazing work (worship)

Second, what is the typical cost for leaf casting a front and back cover.

Sorry, I never saw you ask this.

It depends on how bad of shape the cover is in. And how much work, prep is involved in getting the cover ready to cast.(dry clean, tape removal, stain removal, wash etc..etc)

Think about a tattered spine, or trimmed cover that is totally split. You need to really make sure to line up the covers correctly before casting, or it wont wrap around the interior correctly. This can often take a lot of time to get ready for casting.

Or it might be as easy as spot casting a few holes, which is a different animal.

That said, a good ball park to fully leaf cast an average cover is around $250-$350, but again, each book is so different it is hard to give a flat rate like Eal Scheib!