• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Can someone tell me where these groups are?

I'd like to try and join one... :shy:

No, but I know a forum where CGC boardies go to whine about conspiracy theories, and being framed by the the intelligentsia and their lackey moderation team. :)

No, but I know a forum where CGC boardies go to whine about conspiracy theories, and being framed by the the intelligentsia and their lackey moderation team. :)

I thought that forum was about Alien Abductions. I need to get better glasses.

That forum is poopie :(

IS that the same forum that compares CGC to Hitler?

I don't disagree with you regarding the pile on and mob mentality. That is absolutely true. We aren't too far away from each other on everything else either.

Some days it is too tiresome to point it out and fight it because those same fanny rubbers are piling on and are oblivious because it isn't one of their buddies or it is one or two comments that could easily be ignored but everyone is in a rush to show how morally righteous they are that they start a pile on of righteous indignation.

I have been guilty if it as well but holy crud, the moral high horse around this place has a line around the block.

Yeah, we don't seem to disagree on much of it. I don't really see much of the moral high horse stuff that you refer to but I guess it's a matter of perspective. I don't post a whole lot and I don't even read as much here as I used to.

Generally, things around here don't bother me as much as they used to but the thread from earlier seemed pretty over the top so I made a comment. Was that wrong to point out that from my perspective, people seemed to be getting carried away? I don't believe that it's something that I make a habit of but it's not something that I regret posting.

A person made that comment, not an entire forum.

CGC Collectors Society isn't the same as CGC

True, but it was made by a Site Admin. Then on top of that you have Stu's ranting and raving and it does make you wonder. They did ask Stu to reign it in a bit, but it didn't seem to stop him…

True, but it was made by a Site Admin. Then on top of that you have Stu's ranting and raving and it does make you wonder. They did ask Stu to reign it in a bit, but it didn't seem to stop him…

Stu is going to be Stu wherever he is. If they ban him over there then he'll just make a shill account for that forum if he feels like it. I wouldn't call his posts "ranting and raving" anyway, personally.

Stu is going to be Stu wherever he is. If they ban him over there then he'll just make a shill account for that forum if he feels like it. I wouldn't call his posts "ranting and raving" anyway, personally.

He has an entire thread called "Lies CGC Tells Us" or something.

Also your defense of Stu isn't great when you say he'll create shill after shill if you ban him :P

Oh and the same Admin that compared CGC to someone else also started a thread titled "Is CGC Giving Gift Grades?"

Those boards are just breeding positivity…

There will always be snarky remarks. Some, justifiably so.

There have absolutely been some undeserved pile-ons and there will continue to be so.

What I am saying is the "let's not say anything mean" and "everyone gets a trophy" crowd has definitively contributed to that pile on.

There are no checks and balances but there are tons of people that cannot see beyond their own moral justifications and have no ability to self analyze. Not would they ever because there is an excuse ready made for them around every corner.

Tiifitz just stated to treat every one like you want to be treated...while simultaneously taking a shot. lol

This place is absurd most days. lol

Actually, I didn't state that, I asked a question on the reverse. But, if I HAD said that, my "ready made excuse" is that I referred to folks as "individual_without_enough_empathys" AFTER they had acted as individual_without_enough_empathys. THAT I have no problem with.

He has an entire thread called "Lies CGC Tells Us" or something.

Also your defense of Stu isn't great when you say he'll create shill after shill if you ban him :P

Oh and the same Admin that compared CGC to someone else also started a thread titled "Is CGC Giving Gift Grades?"

Those boards are just breeding positivity…

I'm not really defending Stu, he doesn't really need defending. He is what he is and he doesn't care how many shill accounts he creates. Personally, I like him but he's a different style of forum member to me.

As for the "gift grade" thread, there have been plenty of threads over here of a similar tone or content over the years and personally I've seen plenty of gift grades from CGC over the years.